We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Shoes for El Coz

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Water Shoes for El Coz

We are going to El Coz at the end of July for our Honeymoon. We have stayed here before and loved how easy it was to get in the ocean and walk all around it. Do you think it will be fine at the end of July or should we still bring water shoes. Plus does anyone have any suggestions about a romantic dinner one night.

kslamazoo, MI
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

Yes, I would still plan on bringing water shoes, Michelle and I were there in early/mid March and they were bringing in sand every day but Wilma did a lot of damage. If you go to the north end of the beach , it is a lot easier to get in and out. As far as a romantic dinner, we love el Guacamayo (they might have changed the name) located next to the Lobster House (across from Playa Azul and just down from El Coz).. very quiet, romantic and excellent food...the kebobs and key lime pie are scrumptious!!!!

(Ron Lee might have some more info). Enjoy!!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

I have heard the beaches are rocky at some parts so we are bringing water shoes. I found them at target for $5.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

Water shoes are a MUST !. Entrance to the water at El Coz is very difficult without them, at best.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

I would suggest water shoes for not only making it through the sand, but for once in the water as well (especially if there are any rocky formations nearby). In 2003 we saw a young girl, who on the day she arrived at the Park Royal, steped on a baby sea urchin in their beach area. This poor girl had to have the spines cut out and spent the entire week in a wheel chair. I think her parents said she had 30+ spines in her foot and they couldnt get them all out since the urchin was young and alot of them were teeny tiny.

Not saying that everyone will step on one, but eliminate the possibility with a $5 pair of cheap water shoes. :)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

Yes, definately, I just got back from next door to there yesterday and the beaches aren't exactly white and sandy.

Denver,CO
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

Will the water shoes double as fin booties for snorkeling? Going to Coz at the end of June. Do we need 2 types of shoes?

7. Re: Water Shoes for El Coz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 17:21