We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

Back when I was a young lass (2 years ago or so) it was easy to plunk in the code to see what it would cost. I went as far as trying to book with a fake name to see if I could find the magic spot and made it as far as the CC info page.

No dice.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

It's now placed on the very last page when you finally book. It's a tree view a the top of the booking page that asks for a promo code after you expand that section. Be sure to select "re-price" before you attempt to actually book.

It's annoying, I know. You used to be able to apply the code when you searched for a package to see what options you had with the code applied. More hoops, but still worth while. I think it's TRAVEL100 that we've been using....minimum 7 nights stay combined with air fare = $100 off.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

Thanks marcus8. Do you know if that would be applicable for a solo traveler, or is it based on double occupancy alone?

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

It's good for a solo traveler.

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
170 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

I dont think it matters how many..if 2 people its still just $100 total so $50 each or $100 1 person. And I think those codes might expire APRIL 15th this year. They have new codes but u have to spend more now. That's why we are traveling April 6th so we qualify

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

AHA! Had to search but I found it--hidden in plain view and all. The code he wanted to use didn't work, but TRAVEL100 gave him $100 for one person. The travel date would be April 20, so it still works until then, at least.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

Some of the codes are different, depending on the purchase price of the booking.

You need to look for that information.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

The TRAVEL100 is working now for August searches for Coz deals, so it appears to be good for a while. Cheers

8. Re: Orbitz question: Where do you put the promo codes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 07:16