We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,021 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

This according to an article in today's USA Today. Verify with your travel agent or Carnival as appropriate.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,078 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

I am sure passengers on the trips involved in this will be notified by Carnival. Industry sources are saying Carnival really has no idea how long the vessel will be out of service until they see how extensive the required repairs will be and where they will do them.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

I would hate to be the person that has to clean up that mess...eww

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

I would hate to be the last person off....long, long wait. As a customer I'd never want to book on that ship. I'd always be thinking..."It's not REALLY clean".

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

As a boat owner responsible for the safety of people onboard my boat I find it strange that a company that owns ships that are basically a floating cities with the density of people crowded onto those things that there are not more redundant systems that can provide basic services to passengers in the event of issues such as occurred on board the Triumph. A well appointed family cruising boat will often have a "wing engine" to use a as get home engine in the event of a problem with the main engine, also back up generators are not uncommon.

I'm no expert on cruise ships, don't want to be but this event illustrates they certainly are not as well prepared as many owners of blue water boats that venture off shore.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 03:28
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

Froglegs: I am like you, except that if I was ever on a cruise, those same thoughts would probably in the back of my mind anyway. Just not for me.

Cozbill: I agree, and that's because blue water cruisers know that when you are out to see alone, you are on your own, so y nature they are a self-sufficient lot. Even us day sailors usually have a back up outboard engine....

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
634 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

One of my bosses was on that boat. Haven't heard any stories yet....I can only imagine though........another good reason to avoid the PODS. :)

Yeah you would think they would put a backup engine or generator in another sealed compartment. You have to think if the sprinkler system deploys in the engine room, the whole room and everything in there is toast. Seems like poor planning to me.

Idabel, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

Ya ours was cancelled in beginning of March.

We switched to the Msgic at the end of March.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

I wonder if this is going to cause any discounts in the near future. My Daughter and family are booked on the Fasination May 18th and we are contemplating joining them.

9. Re: Carnival Triumph sailings cancelled through April 13, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:16