We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

iowa
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

I've rented from Less Pay for 10 - 12 years now and some other car rental companies as well. The service I've always received from Less Pay has been above and beyond that of which I've received from any car rental company. Keeping in mind that when you rent a jeep on an island - they are not new and have been driven by thousands of people that unfortunately do not respect them at all, they are sun damaged and have been rained on and in a more than a time or two - so keeping vehicles in good order is a challenge in itself and I don't expect them to be perfect but I do expect them to get me from point A to point B and that is exactly what I get from the service at Less-Pay. I get a reliable vehicle at a great price and know that if I have a problem they will take care of it and not charge me for it unless of course it is a problem I created.

This particular trip my vehicle got barricaded in on a side street due to the Carnival Parade - we couldn't drive it home so we started to walk to find a taxi. We happen to run into John (Less-Pay's owner) and we told him what had happened, he offered us a ride home but we didn't want to inconvenience him since the parade was about to start - so we politely declined his invitation and just took a taxi. The next morning we woke up to Alicia at Alicia's B&B telling us that the rental car company had delivered the jeep to us this morning. We just giggled and thought only in Mexico would that happen - we were so grateful for the top notch service and that they made sure our vehicle connected with us in the morning that we have vowed to never lease from any other car company on the island again. What would be the point? with service like that. Gabrielle, Carlos and Max always greet us with a smile and have worked there for years - they are part of our Cozumel vacation and we want to thank them and John and the rest of the crew behind the scenes - we appreciate them! John even invited us to his 75th birthday party - and if we are able to attend we will be renting a Less-Pay Jeep while we are there! Muchisimo Gracias Less-Pay!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

LOL I love it!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

in my experiences, Mexico can be a country of amazing contrasts..i remember days where i was "taken" or an attempt was made...and then hours later in a cosmic display of balance , someone will go way out of their way to help me and refuse a gratuity..also in my experience, the balance is way unequal, with grace and kindness winning the day

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
297 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

Thanks for your review. Will be seeing John in 2 mos. He gave me a great deal on a rental for 18 days.

Slidell, Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

I always rent from less pay and they are great a car that will get me from point a to b no fuss no muss and they pay for your gas. It rained one night and the car leaked like a sive over an inch of water had collected on the floor boards we called them to let them know and they said it's OK it will dry out eventually. Not the best cars in the world but at 18.00 a day with all insurance included you can't beat it. Look forward to seeing the guys in Nov.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
643 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

You mean this Less Pay:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k24532…

I would avoid them like the plague....

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

I think they're great, too. We've had great service.

As for the insurance thing, you'd think there'd be a LOT more complaints about them if they really didn't have insurance, no? That can't be the only accident a Less Pay vehicle has been in over the years.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

another one hit wonder with an over the top review. Less Pay is by far the worst rental experience I've had....vehicles breaking down, replaced by more bad vehicles. It's been some years now but I've always avoided them since.

Salem
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

Worst car rental experience ever. Rented a jeep last Sunday. Had to push it away from the fence at Chin Rio. Would not go into reverse.

Was really fun trying to get this piece of garbage vehicle up to the gas pump. Lol

Would not even adjust the bill. Said he would get fired if he adjusted it.

WORST CAR RENTAL PLACE ON THE PLANET.

Will never use again.

9. Re: Had an awesome experience with Less-Pay Car Rental Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:15