We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waunakee, WI
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

Will be at Secrets Aura in March....looks like a side trip to Coconuts Bar and Grill might be in order....cost of taxi?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

The cost would be somewhere in the ballpark of 75-95USD round trip. Taxi will wait at Coconuts till you are finished, then drive you back.Normally its a 3 hour minimun to secure your own cab at around 25-35USD per hour.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

Sounds like a lot for a visit to Coconuts. If you do go, enjoy a drink or two and the great view. But the food is not so great , in my opinion.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

Could they not just take the cab one way and have someone from Coconuts call for a cab when they're done? Or have the cab come back for them? The view from Coconuts isn't *that* great!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

Creepers! At the cost of 75-95 bucks I would rent a car at the resort for the day and explor the island. You really need to see the east side if your in Cozumel. Coconuts is a neat bar on a cliff that over looks the sea. Must go tho before dark since it closes at dark.

Turn south and keep going until you turn east it is very beautiful. Easy to drive and the best thing to do on vacation in Coz is to go explor walk the beaches.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

"The view from Coconuts isn't *that* great!"

I really would not go for any reason but the view is better than the food, in my opinion.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

I agree with Rob....View is Great....180-200 pesos for shrimp/fish tacos is on the hight side. You can do a cab one way for around 300 Pesos. Then tell them to be back to pick you up. 600 pesos (50USD Total) Cell phone reception most likely will not work on the other side.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

I agree that the view is great. Stop and have a drink and some chips and salsa. Relax and soak in the view. Personally, I love to go to Coconuts.

8. Re: Taxi from Aura to Coconuts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 05:16