We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Boston

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pepperell...
Level Contributor
279 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Boston

Hi Folks,

Any New Englanders out there that can give me a rough idea what flights will run for BOS to Cozumel?

I have zero interest in flying into Cancun, then dealing with taxis & ferries....too much hassle. I want to fly directly into COZ.

Looking at November time frame....prices seem to be around $625 to $650 or so. Is this a reasonable price from BOS? Do they go much lower?

Thanks in advance.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
376 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Boston

$600-$650 is normal from Boston. I doubt they'll get much lower than what you're seeing. Airfare to Coz seems to fluctuate very little these days. Sadly, the days of $350 airfare to the island seem to be long gone :(

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Boston

I was looking for flights from Bo's to cun yesterday for November. United had 389. Might be worth it to fly to cun

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Boston

Rates depend on dates. You're not going to get a deal for February Vacation week, spring break weeks, and so on. At the moment, the cheapest round-trip for the next month for a 7-night stay BOS->CZM is $542, but you'd have to travel midweek.

Check out multi-city fares. We often fly from Logan to Cancun then return from Cozumel to Logan. It's less obnoxious to get to the island from the mainland than to try to schlep to Cancun and get there on time. For some reason I can't explain, this is often cheaper than round-trips to either airport.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Boston

Mark---the OP asked about November........and yeah, Joan, I see those $390 fares for the whole month of November!........I would personally jump on those since they include tax and you can always do Mayair if you hate the bag drag idea........that's quite a difference!

boston
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Boston

For some reason when I do the air and hotel combe on Orbitz it has come out considerable cheaper than booking separately. In some instantaces, they took so much off the combo price that the air has come in almost free. I can book air and hotel (all inclusive, including taxes) for low $2,000. (for two). Air alone for two would be $1,200. I usually have to tweek the dates a little, but I can usally make it work ok.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Boston

That's about right. As Mark said if you can go during the week you can save. We have left out of Boston twice last year and $550 mid week was the best we could do. We had checked out all different months as we were by locked in to certain dates.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Boston

Yeah, I guess it would be good if I could read...

Try using Google's ITA Travel Matrix website. It'll let you do far more fare searches than anyplace else, and will let you see an entire 30-day period. It'll also let you not show red-eyes, long layovers, etc. as well as play with various airport combinations. You can't book anything there, but you can figure out exactly what you need then book it on Expedia or your booking site of choice.

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
279 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Boston

In the past, I try and lock down a 2-3 week window of availability at the place I want to stay. Once I find those open weeks, I start looking for airfare. This way, you can be flexible with your actual travel days and pick the lowest rates......then once the flights are booked, you drop a deposit on your lodging.

We did a trip to Akumal in October last year, and got unlucky with several days of rain. Hoping that November brings us a little drier weather.

Mark, I have never used that website but will check it out for sure. Thanks to all for your replies.....Our first trip to Coz will be reality soon....

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Boston

I use ITA website too. But they also have an App for Apple called ON THE FLY. It is sooooo much easier to use. So if you are an apple person, I would suggest it

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Boston

The same app is available on the Android platform. I find the website easier to use for the many different scenarios I run, but to each his own.