We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find this beach! See pic.

San Francisco...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to find this beach! See pic.

I took a cruise over 10 years ago and really love this snorkeling beach in Cozumel. Does anybody recognize it? Some background. It's really a great beach for snorkeling because there are tons of rocks and corel directly from the beach. There are certain sections where you walk down steps directly into tons of rocks and coral formation which made for a lot of fish.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WputPmb.jpg[/IMG]

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

Was it Chankanaab?

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
229 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

I agree, that looks like it might be Chankanaab

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

Yes, that is a photo taken at Chankanaab before it was rebuilt. (Heavily damaged by hurricanes in 2005.)

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

Woohoo! What do I win??

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

C: Your prize is...............................................................Eternal gratitude!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

Hey, I'll take it! ;o)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

I can confirm that DS2 is absolutely correct.

i have a group pic taken on that exact spot a couple of years before the hurricane.

I haven't beento the " the 'knob" on any of my visits post wilma, so I have no idea what it looks like now.

8. Re: Trying to find this beach! See pic.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:17