We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Aura

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Aura

We were at Secrets Aura from March 9th to the 16th. Had some reservations due to the switch over to becoming a secrets but those soon went away. First let me say that the service was over the top and was service like we have never experienced before and we have stayed at some very nice 4-5 star resorts in our travels.

One thing that I found really helps is to realize that you are on "island time". Everything is a little more relaxed and a little less hurried than we are usually used to. That being said, once you get into that mind frame and adapt to it you really start to relax yourself and really start to enjoy it. Check in was very easy and Linda at the front desk made it a very pleasurable experience as well as Fern, Ferdinan and the other bell guys that greated us as we arrived. We had booked a rooftop pool room. I simply asked the young lady that was checking us in, if she were staying here what room she would want out of all of the rooms. She mentioned two rooms that she would want to stay in, I told her that I wanted one of those rooms. We were not dissapointed! The room was amazing as was the rooftop sun area and infinity pool. Both my wife and I thought the food was amazing whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. The service in the restaurants was wonderful and our servers did everything in their power to make each meal special and just what we wanted.

We loved this place so much that we have already looked into booking it again for next year into our favorite rooms, 1430 or 1435.

If you have questions, please ask me and I will relate to you our experience. If you are nice to the people that are working there trying to serve you, they will go out of their way to try and provide you what you want. They appreciate you and are truly trying to make sure that you are happy and give them and their resort a good review.

Waddy, Kentucky
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Aura

Thanks for your review! We are going April 6 and have been actively following the reviews since booking in the fall. Your comments regarding "island time" are exactly what we were thinking while reading the reviews of others. I plan on having a wonderful time there, no matter what!

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Aura

Well said!

We will be back enjoying that wonderful service in 2 weeks!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Aura

That's GREAT...that things are going better there now. Hope on your next visit you venture off the resort a bit.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Aura

Thanks for the review! We wanted to return to FA this Oct, but since they are closed then, I was really leaning towards Secrets. I wonder if the "standard" room is equally as nice? For awhile now, the reviews havent been very good, glad to see they are turning it around.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Aura

Same with us about Fiesta!!! We are already booked for Oct 5 but now United Vacations will be moving us. We are waiting to see where they intend to send us before we make any desicions. Secrets looks nice but I'm just not thrilled with the "casual elegance" dress code for dinner at the restaurants. We prefer to be able to eat in our shorts & t shirts. It's vacation!!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Aura

Here's what Ive always done. Bring 1 pair of long pants, not jeans. Put em on for dinner, take em off immediately after. And a polo shirt which I bring plenty of, anyways. I hope the dining rooms are a/c, I hate to sweat while I'm eating. Like you, I'd rather stay in shorts, but it is what it is. Another option is to go next door to the buffet, I dont think its far, but I havent been to Secrets yet. We are booking the end of October.

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Aura

Rather than bringing a laptop and worry about the safety of it, does anyone know if there are computers that the guests have access to, if so are they complimentary or is there a charge ?

Thanks, Carol

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Aura

In the coffee shop there are two computer and they are complimentary

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Aura

Thanks Jack, Good to know, prefer to use theirs than take my laptop and have the worry of looking after it.

Carol

North Carolina
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Aura

Jack E,

Is there an indoor lounge or bar area that all guests can use or is it just for preferred quests?

Cheers!

Edited: 30 March 2013, 01:57