We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
185 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

We will be a group of 4 (young) ladies celebrating our friend's 40th birthday mid April. Coming in on a cruise ship but not usually cruisers (doing the Top Chef cruise). None of us has ever been to Cozumel. Have looked at lots of forum posts but it's hard to pin point things. Here's what I am looking for in our 11:30am to 8:30 day:

Good Food and Drinks

Good Massage

Best Snorkeling - two of us dive, two don't so compromising with snorkel :(

Getting a good feel for the island

Good time!

We have a generous budget

What is your perfect day based on this?

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

Go to Chankanaab Park. You can do a nice shore dive while they snorkel above your heads!

Other activities are available too.

Have fun!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

Go to Playa Palancar (Palancar Beach Club) & arrange to dive (the divers) & snorkel the reefs their tour goes to. Snack there before & after, but when done head to town for supper at any of the great restaurants on the island but make sure there's time to get back to the boat. Use the search function to find restaurants that serve your kind of food but if you like low key GREAT local food try Los Otates.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

Chankanaab Park is nice but a little out of the way if you want to get all of the above accomplished. Cozumel is a pretty quiet island when it comes to partying and good daytime life.

If I were on your schedule I would jump on a ferry to Playa Del Carmen as soon as you land in Cozumel. Its about a 20-30 min ferry ride and cost about 13 bucks each way. Once in Playa your options are endless. Massages can be found anywhere along the 5ta Avenida (main strip in Playa) for 30 bucks or less for an hour massage. Shopping, bars, restaurants are everywhere. If you are lucky enough to be there on a sunday Wah-Wah bar has a pig roast buffet that is amazing.. thats like 8 bucks. After your massage I would head to Akumal, a cab ride will cost you about 20 bucks or less and its a 20 min cab ride. Here you can snorkel in some decent reefs and swim with Sea Turtles and Manta Rays all for free. The turtles stay in Akumal year round and are very friendly.

If snorkeling is the most important part of you trip I would just stay in Cozumel. The snorkeling there is Amazing since the island acts as a natural wall against waves. Making it perfect for calm clear waters and lots of coral.

Let me know if you want more specific information about the area.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

Make sure you know the difference between ship time and Cozumel time (CDT).

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

For a unique experience; try a cooking class with Josefina "Concina con Alma" and then a massage with Barefoot Sally. You'll see and taste traditional shopping and cooking. Sally's is one block away. There would still leave time to do a three reef snorkel trip by boat from Playa Palancar or if you dare, Tiger's from the Money Bar.

Chankanaab is overpriced and over rated. You stated you wanted a feel for the island, good massage, drinks and food. You could spend a lot more and receive less. I hope your time might be Eastern and would be arriving an hour earlier on island time

adriancoz
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

or go on the bar hop Bus!!!! you will have a great ride around!!

7. Re: 11:30am to 8:30pm in Cozumel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:16