We have stayed at the Aura for 4 years in a row and love it. Prices have gone up, things are turning over as it moves to Secrets brand, so we're hesitant. Love FA but its closed this summer. Two divers in the group and don't want to leave the resort or party. So the question is:
1. Palace? $1500 resort credit and girls can go to spa. Far from dive sites, but everyone raves about the place. Is it worth it? We don't party or have any interest in town or sightseeing. We want good food, clean and comfortable rooms, and close to diving would be nice but not a huge deal.
2. Iberostar? Hear good things and price is right.
3. Occidental Grand? Hear good things, but bit of a walk to beach?
4. Secrets Aura? We love it and the bech is awesome, great food, close to diving. Don't know if the price jump is worth it and don't want to stay on the old Sabor side.
5. Other places we may be missing. No El Coz.
Any help or advice is appreciated.