We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

We are leaving a royal carribean cruise ship in Cozumel after 6 nights and have booed a hotel in the hotel zone at cancun what's the best way to get to cancun can we get taxi as we will have cases .

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Useful info/pictures here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Plenty of taxis available near the ADO bus station. Some drivers will be just off the dock in Playa del Carmen.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,681 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

It would be difficult to use a taxi from Cozumel since it is an island. But still easy to do.

A taxi to the Cozumel ferry pier. Ferry to Playa del Carmen and then the ADO first class bus. From the ferry pier you can hire a tricycle to take your bags the short distance to ADO and the buses depart every 15 minutes. Of course, for much more money you can use an uncomfortable small taxi or hire a private van service.

You will see some taxi drivers at the ferry pier but their taxis are some distance away and you may still want help with your bags. Also, these drivers are usually more expensive than the ones by the ADO terminal.

Edited: 21 April 2013, 18:50
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Oh that's great seems straight forward , how long would it take from play del Carmel to cancun hotel zone in taxi

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Thanks for yor reply seems straight forward , how far is it to cancun hotel zone

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,681 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

In a taxi, an hour or so. Depends on the driver. It is one reason I don't like taxis for road trips--they often try to set new land speed records.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Think we wil probably take the bus then , are their any ferrys that go from cozemel to cancun area .

We. Are also hoping to stay in cozemel for 2 nights before moving on to cancun any good hotels in the area you could recomend preferably on beach

Thanks

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Here is a map of Cozumel hotels

http://www.cancunmap.com/cozumel-hotels.html

North of Town Melia but the water can be a funky color sometimes.

Next door is El Cozumeleno with a so-so beach

Playa Azul has a so-so beach.

South of town El Presidente has a similar to somewhat better beach than Playa Azul

The best beaches are well south..Iberostar, Occidental Grand, Allegro and the Secrets complex (or whatever the name is this week).

Iberostar does have ironshore at the waters edge.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,681 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

First, you asked if ferries go from Cozumel to Cancun. No, only the ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen.

For hotels, my favorite is Playa Azul. I have not actually stayed there but have many friends who have stayed there and all very pleased.

I will leave other recommendations to those who have actually stayed at the hotels. I am sure some of those will respond here.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

The ADO bus is very nice and comfortable. Good choice.

I also vote for Playa Azul. You should try to choose a hotel on the island where you can snorkel right out front. Which means the 'beach' will be manmade..so you wouldn't be able to take long walks on a sandy beach. But many of the waterfront hotels have a miles long sidewalk to stroll along next to the sea. Budget but still nice and decent are Hotel Cozumel, Blue Angel, Villa Blanca.

Please tell your budget and what you are wanting to do on Cozumel and what kind of hotel you want...then we'll be able to give better answers as far as hotels.

Edited: 21 April 2013, 22:32
Concord, North...
Level Contributor
945 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling from cozemel to a cancun

Cozumel