We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

I read that it is less expensive to take a cab to a rental agency away from the cruise docks.

Any recommendations?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,375 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

I recommend you go to ISIS in the center. You can rent a VW bug for about 35 dollars , insurance included.

http://www.rentadoraisis.com.mx/

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

I also recommend isis or just getting a cab for a few hours. This way you can enjoy the ride and relax and drink if thats what you want also. The rates i have seen are around 20-25 dollars and hour for a taxi tour.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

Isis is the best but if you are just there on a cruise....I'd rent a cab for 4 or 5 hours and not waste time getting to the rental agency and getting your car. Also you wouldn't have to worry about any traffic..i.e. mopeds/cabs...and you are free to look around and not watch the road.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

As often seems to be the case, I am with Froglegs on this.

For such a brief visit, I would go with a cab.

If you go rental, I would recommend Thrifty.

Have a great trip.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

Totally agree....renting a car will take up half of your time on the island. Just work with a taxi driver for a few hours at a flat rate. No worries about getting stuck in the sand on a beach (I've seen this at least twice) or having an accident and all the hassle that entails. Its really not worth the $10 you might save.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

They would save between $50. & $70. if they rented from Isis which would include the cabs to her place but I would still just rent a taxi. They'll take you anywhere you want to go and stop wherever you want and wait as long as you like. Just start chatting up a driver and if his English is not very good or you can't negotiate a price you want just move down the line of cabs. Some drivers will tell you alot about Cozumel as you tour.

7. Re: Car rental agencies for people arriving my cruise ships.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 05:16