We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello All

Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Topic
Hello All

Back from a week at Sabor. Eh, the hotel was okay, thank goodness we got a good price on the trip or I would have been dissappointed. We ike to snorkel but there was too much growth and rocks to enjoy. Go in the water once at the hotel. Found going to the east side with a lunch and blanket more enjoyable. Just find a palapa and have a seat. Wifi in the lobby and at the second pool, not the main pool. We asked for king. Gave us a double. Let's see 2 people no kids should equal king. Oh well. 2nd day moved us to a 3rd floor suite, nice but a week of stairs. Pizza joint at the hotel very good. Breakfast okay, no BACON! Sausage only. Ate hamburger and hot dogs in the afternoon to get by until dinner then out to town. Would I stay there agian? No. Best snorkeling is on the north end of the island, El Coc, Playa Azul etc.... Be sure and say Hi to Sophie at the front counter. She's working there for 3 months from France.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello All

Was everything open? How was "the smell" everyone talks about? Was there entertainment at night? What did u find doing most at Sabor?

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello All

"What did u find doing most at Sabor?"

sounds like "leaving it" was what they liked doing most

I'm with you Bob, just pack up in the mornin' and head to the east side for the day. Pick up some yum-yum's along the way or snack over there as needed.

Wow, no bacon, that is so weird, tocino is like one of my most favorite things on the island, and pretty much easy to come by at the Ched or Mega.

I think next time, you might want to just do ur own thing, no hotel, AI stuff. Agree?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello All

I am surprised that no bacon at the resort. Bacon is not something the Mexicans commonly eat but most tourist oriented places do have or offer it for breakfast. I can´t really recall the last time I had bacon for breakfast on the island.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello All

I have observed many locals buying bacon at both Chedraui and Soriana - you can order as many slices as you want, so you don't need to purchase a package. I am personally not a big bacon consumer, but the bacon in Cozumel is fantastic, so I tend to eat it more often when I am in Cozumel.

Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello All

there was one restaurant next to the main buffet that was being redone. Probably offered burgers and such in the afternoon. The burgers and hot dogs we found were literally at a little next to it.

Cold water had a bad smell to it. Like I said they moved us to a 3rd floor room and no smell there. No atmosphere smell just the cold water tap.

Yes entertainment nightly, different themes.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello All

¨I have observed many locals buying bacon at both Chedraui and Soriana ´

I have also observed some locals buying bacon. I eat breakfast often with locals and have never seen them serve it or order it. One local friend does buy some and use it in some of her cooking but not as a breakfast food.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello All

Bacon is widely available for purchase at the major grocery stores, and horrors - I have seen locals eat bacon at breakfast both in their homes and restaurants. I am not in a pi**ing contest with anyone, just reporting my experiences, just as others post theirs.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello All

Agree, and the same for me, just my observations. I also never eat much bacon in Cozumel but only because I often eat Mexican breakfasts. But no one loves the smell of bacon frying more than I do.

Burkburnett
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello All

I have been told they do have bacon you have to ask for it. We will find out in six weeks!

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hello All

I have heard also that you can ask for it.

Bacon is not noticeable on the Secrets menu either but I have ordered it every morning. No problem.

In fact, I have found they have been very accommodating with my requests.

There has been a great Elvis impersonator at Sabor / Sunscape for the last 2 Thursdays. Attendance hasn't been great which is a shame. If we want entertainment, we need to support it with our attendance!