We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival, '14

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
36 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival, '14

Can anyone provide the dates for Carnival '14? Info online states that the official dates will not be released until the end of '13, but I want to book now using frequent flier miles, and an informed guess about the dates would be helpful.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival, '14

I think it is always around Fat Tuesday, which is the day before Ash Wednesday, if that helps.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival, '14

Ok, so in 2014, Fat Tuesday will be March 4th, meaning Carnival will probably start the week before that, with one of the biggest days being Saturday, March 1st.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival, '14

Right from the Cozumel website ----

The dates have not been announced, but if it goes according

to past schedules, since Easter is April 20,

the main week of Cozumel Carnaval should be from Wednesday, February 26 to Wednesday, March 5, 2014

with parades on Friday and Saturday March 1 and 2, and

the final parade Tuesday, March 4.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival, '14

Hmmm......kinda odd since March 1, 2014 is SATURDAY, not Friday.........oh well, it doesn't matter, BUT the biggest and best parade is most definitely on that TUESDAY before Ash Wednesday. Have fun and fingers crossed you get your miles to work!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
298 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival, '14

Whatever the dates I plan to be there!!

Berthoud CO
Level Contributor
44 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival, '14

The general dates sound right according to Easter and Ash Wednesday, but I thought the parades were on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday.

Not sure, they are all kind of a blur to me. :-)

We try to be there for either Christmas or Carneval, and we couldn't get Christmas this year.

We adjusted the dates of our trip for '14 to be there through March 8.

It would just seem wrong to be there and miss both.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival, '14

The parades are on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.. One year the Sunday parade was rained out and they had it on Monday. The Saturday parade is kind of a "practice" parade if you will LOL.. the Sunday parade is the "family" parade and Tuesday is the BIG parade.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnival, '14

Carnival in 2014 is on Tuesday, the 4th of March. So the parades will be Saturday, March 1, Sunday March 2 and Tuesday March 4th. No parade on Monday.

Carnival (aka Mardis Gras) is celebrated on the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras is the final day of Carnival, the three day period preceding the beginning of Lent, the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday immediately before Ash Wednesday. You can always find the dates by Googling "Ash Wednesday+the year".

The only time this changes is if Carnival falls on a National election date in Cozumel -- then all bets are off. I don't believe that is the case for 2014. It is usually moved one week forward in this case.

http://www.when-is.com/mardi-gras-2014.asp

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carnival, '14

They changed the elections to July so it no longer interferes with Carnival.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carnival, '14

"They changed the elections to July so it no longer interferes with Carnival."

Yeah!!! It was always a pain to figure that part out. However, the very first time we attended Carnival was "by accident" -- we always go in February and the date had been moved for election one year. We had no idea when we booked that we would be there for the celebration. It was great. We were hooked.

'Red