We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,490 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

Cozumel has once again opened a tourist information module near the pier in Playa. The location looks good so it is hoped they can give accurate information before they reach the various sales booths on the pier. The only thing I find odd in looking at the photo with the newspaper article, as far as I can see the booth says nothing about Cozumel.

sipse.com/novedades/modulo-informacion-playa…

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

Yeah Robert that is funny- nothing about cozumel. i hope they aren't going to tell people you need to setup everything with us instead of once you get to the island-you know rent a car from us and it will be waiting in coz, for you

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,490 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

¨. i hope they aren't going to tell people you need to setup everything with us¨

I don´t think so. From what I hear, its a municipal government run booth and really they will only give information and advise not to buy anything in advance on the pier. That has long been a problem for Cozumel, having people buy in advance from shady operators and then the tourist having problems when they arrive in Cozumel.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

I don't think tourists are going to notice the little Cozumel coat of arms near the bottom of the kiosk.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,490 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

Agree, Mark. Its strange that is the only thing relating to Cozumel. Could be its all the Playa officials would allow on their turf ha ha.

5. Re: New Cozumel Information Booth in Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 05:17