We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay

My husband and I are looking for a place preferably within walking distance to resturaunts,/shops/bars but would also like to be on the beach. We would like a nicer hotel with a nice pool and prefer all inclusive. Does anyone have any place that they would recommmend?

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay

Cozumel Palace.. It's a man-made beach but it's within walking distance to town etc.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay

I stay at hotel cozumel- They are walking distance to town, manmade beach, but you won't find a natural beach intown.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay

The nicer hotel is Cozumel Palace. And that is correct...no actual beaches close to what you're asking for. The Palace is the island's best AI.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay

How is Park Royal?

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay

It's further South from town and is a larger resort. Has a man made beach across the street on the water. I think I would pick Hotel Cozumel over it but that's my preference because its closer to town. But neither are as nice as the Palace. It's all about your budget!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay

Agree with Linkslady. I would also pick Hotel Cozumel because of location. I don´t like the PR location in the middle of all the cruise ship traffic plus the fact it is much more distant from the center.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to stay

Palace is obviously the top choice if it is within your budget.

If the palace is too expensive then you have to start considering your priorities... must walk to town then hotel cozumel. willing to take a cab ($8 each way) or a long walk??? , then maybe you go out a bit further to something a little nicer (Park Royal, Playa Azul).

8. Re: Places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 06:18