We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

north carolina
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Looking for April of 2014. Either Park Royal or Cozumel Palace. The price I can get now is only $500 difference. Cozumel Palace being the more expensive. Any insight. Thanks

Shawnee, Kansas
Level Contributor
101 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

I guess the big question then is how long? If it is a long weekend or a week..... NO!!! Either way I guess I would pick CP for that price.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

i am surprised at the small difference. i liked the park but the palace is usually quite expensive and is a lot closer to town

michigan
Level Contributor
501 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

only $500 diff thats a lot in my book, I procrastinate when the diff is around $200 ;-)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Yeah is that 500 total or 500 per person? It all depends on how much is 500 to you, and how much you want / need to be completely pampered and waited on. The Palace is obviously a nicer place - better food, top notch service (i.e. pool waiters, etc).... its all a matter of are you willing to pay for it.

oz
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

go with the palace you won't be sorry at all.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

david.....i'm with you. 500 bucks is a lot to me too. its just that usually when i see the palace prices, they are extremely high and the park is very reasonable. i was surprised the difference was not more.

north carolina
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

The reason I asked is because the CP is usually over $1000 more. The $500 is not that much when you take into account 3 people for 7 days all inclusive. Is the CP much nicer?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

It's 10X nicer.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

I agree with froglegs....I've stayed at both. We loved the Palace and was absolutely worth the extra$ to us. We only go to Cozumel once a year though.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

gee i thought the park was pretty great. the palace must be a real.......palace.