We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agency for Cozumel

Edmond
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Agency for Cozumel

Can anyone recommend a good travel agency to go with to book in Cozumel? We wont use Funjet since we had an awful experience last time. Any good recommendations so we make sure all the bases are covered for planning a redo honeymoon?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

Travel agencies are a thing of the past IMHO- you can book directly witht the airline and the hotel online. Why pay for someone to do it for you.,

Are you in edmond ok?

Edmond
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

Yes, In Edmond/Okc area for sure. I just wanted to make sure we get our transfers booked with a viable company, or is Cozumel so small that that wouldnt be a worry? Also we were weighing which resort to go to, Either Occidental, Iberostar, or Cozumeleno, have any suggestions?

Edited: 13 May 2013, 23:06
cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

Isaac----if you buy your transfers through a booking agency, you end up paying 2-3 times the price for the shuttle tickets that are for sale at a window right in the airport, for the very same van. As far as the hotel choices, you should get reading (hahha) here on the forum to see the various reviews and then narrow it down.......and do some research on air/hotel packages for prices. Good luck.

Edmond
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

Thats good to know about the tickets, thank you. We have done a lot of research, but its these 3 we're having a hard time choosing between, obviously because people have different experiences so hard to know which to listen to and which not to. We want good food, a good room view, and good beach, and Me I want to do adventures but I can figure that out

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

You shouldn't book your transfers with any company...you'll pay triple doing that. Just get off the plane, go thru custums and hang a right and buy a shuttle ticket at the window. Be SURE to ignore anybody trying to 'help' you. They're timeshare sharks and will say anything to get you to stop and talk to them. They look official and will ask where are you staying and do you need a car and is this your first visit to Cozumel etc. etc. We buy our vacation packages with Orbitz because it's cheaper than buying air and hotel separate...but DON'T add a transfer option. Enjoy the island and probably reading some of the top questions in the box on your right will be helpful. And read the reviews on the resorts you are interested in to help make your decision. Don't go by just one or two bad reviews or one glowing report.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 23:33
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
646 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

LoL - I'm from Edmond!

Have used Funjet since 1996 with 0 issues ever. :) Though I ALWAYS use a TA to book for me.....so I always have an advocate for me in case something does go wrong.

I would avoid the El Coz, their food issues seem to be never ending and hit or miss......

PM me if you would like anymore specific info.

We are heading to Coz July 5th for a week, staying at the Park Royal. We love the place. 3rd time there over the last 3 years. :)

Go Bulldogs!

Edited: 13 May 2013, 23:42
Edmond
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

Hah small world! Its good to know about El Coz food, we dont want terrible food, had that the first time at Riviera Maya. We will have to check out Park as well, it looks like it has nice grounds.

We will definitely do our own transfers now at the booking, and I have no problem ignoring the sales people trying to do timeshares.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

No need to do transfers with the booking. just buy van tickets when you get to coz. very easy.

I know you said you wanted some adventures. Occidental and iberostar are the furthest hotels out of town.

Besides diving my favorite activity is going to town at night and hang out . If you stay outside of town rent a car- taxi is $20 each way.

Enjoy- greetings from the village

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

You didn't say when you were going , but from now to nov. is slow season. Alot of the big resorts close parts of the facilities. If you want any nightlife you need to be in town. Get you a mapchick map and stay at the palalce intown and go to a different great local rest. every night

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Agency for Cozumel

Playa Azul would fit the bill and is closer to town than the resorts you are considering. They have an AI option.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
173 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico