We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
diving

Staying at Occidental Allegro, 6/8/2013. Contacted Dive Palancar & Pro Dive. Neither dive shop has responded. Emails have not been returned. Are they still in business?

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving

Not sure, try Dive Paradise or Aquatic Sports.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: diving

Yep, they are still there, but I read on Scuba Board of someone having the same problems as you. Can't find that post now, but I seem to remember they finally got through by either calling the hotel directly OR going to the facebook sites. I'd give those ideas a shot. Good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diving

Have you checked your junk folder. I have had my email accounts send emails coming from a Mexican IP address to the junk folder.

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diving

Found an old email. Received reply within 3 hours to main email account.

The address: is Luis_Frias@divepalancar.com

Thanks for all suggestions!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: diving

Luis Frias the artist?! If you are speaking with him, ask to see some of his paintings! He is also making some nice, hand painted fridge magnets these days that would be wonderful to take home. Cool!

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: diving

ds - Has he ever sold his products @ Senior Iguanas? We bought some excellent refrig. magnets & some painted tiles from someone there last year when we were on Coz.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: diving

It's possible though I do not know for sure. His paintings -- even the tiny ones -- are signed: L. Frias.

8. Re: diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:17