We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Aura

Aurora, IN
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Aura

We have stayed at the Aura twice and enjoyed it each time. We were thinking of returning, but have read some troubling reviews since Secrets became the owners. Is this just some people being displeased or have changes been made that make the Aura a different resort? Any information is appreciated.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Aura

From what Ive been able to discern, its gotten much better since Secrets took over, and is still a work in progress.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Aura

Dills - we have been there 4 times including in April. It has more people because of the waterslide area, but we didn't find it to be a problem. The menus have changed & I missed some of my favorite dishes but found new ones.

I think it may be a younger group & more people interested in partying. It only bothered me because my room was in the Sky Bar bldg & some people were inconsiderate late at night.

I enjoyed some of the new entertainment like the Elvis impersonator & the beach party.

In a nut shell, we were still very happy with our stay. I think the unhappy reviews are by people who have never stayed in Cozumel & are expecting a big fancy resort like in the Riviera Maya. So they are disappointed.

The people who think Aura is a 2 or 3 star resort haven't stayed in other places we have stayed in Coz. How many stars would they give those places that don't even start to compare?

Aurora, IN
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Aura

I have seen some videos and I am still unable to tell where the water slide area is located. We were there in May of 2012. Have they added on since that time or did they incorporate the slides into the established area?

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Aura

The waterslide area was there. It was part of Sabor. It was called Sabor exclusive. Mosaique restaurant ( now Bordeaux) was there. They incorporated just that part of Sabor into Secrets.

It is on the east side behind the lazy river pool buildings. There is no ocean view in that area.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
564 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Aura

Dills,

We were at Secrets April 20th - 27th and had a great time. We usually stay at Cozumel Palace but wanted to try something different.

The food and drinks were very good, the room comfortable with plenty of hot water and the A/C worked great. The room had a nice flat panel TV with a good selection of channels but we didn't turn it on.

What I enjoyed most, was being picked up at the pier at 8:00 AM and returning by 11:00 AM vs being picked up at 7:00 and dropped off at 1:00. We did miss walking to town, we enjoy San Miguel.

No worries and enjoy.

Cheers!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Aura

Oceanfun,

Really good to hear this! Last time we went, it was at Park Royal, dove with Dive with Martin, which meant a long ride to the dive sites, which wasnt all that bad, although it rained one day and was a really cold boat ride. I remember stopping at the hotels-south, and picking folks up, and wishing I was one of them lol. We are solving the long ride to town problem, by renting a car from ISIS for at least 3 days, maybe the entire week, its so reasonable. We enjoy going to town, as well, and like going over to the East Side at least once or twice. Considering Punta Sur as well, have never been there, and I think we'd really like that too. Tiger's snorkeling trip is also on the agenda. All the sudden 1 week doesnt seem like enough time lol,

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Aura

Duffer-1 week is definitely not long enough. We were there for 2 weeks this year & thought that was perfect!

Of course 1 week is beats no weeks!!

8. Re: Secrets Aura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 06:16