We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the right resort - Help!!

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amarillo, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for the right resort - Help!!

Hubby and I are planning a trip to cozumel June 11- June 18. We went to El Cozumeleno last year and loved the fact we could snorkle from the resort. We're not interested in going to town more than twice, (wet wendy's, coconuts and El Diablo - on the East side of the island). We don't need to be "entertained", not into the young dance/party crowd as we are mid 40's, but not dead, so a little romance never hurt, we can find our own excursions, we love kids but don't need babysitting services. We're not picky about food but do like a little more variety than El Cozumeleno offered. Beaches, Snorkling, adult beverages and yummy (not gourmet) food is what we're looking for. Narrowed down some choices to Cozumeleno, iberostar, Park Royal, Secrets and Hotel Cozumel. Any suggestions, input or ideas? Please Help!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

Secrets meets everything you ask for above. A gal snorkeling directly off the beach today saw a barracuda, sting ray, etc. We have been very happy with our stay so far!

Anoka
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

Cozumel Palace will meet all your needs. Close to town for when you want to go to town, staff will help you get east side transportation, great food and service when at the resort, you'll be happy. Great snorkeling right in front and easy access.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 04:13
3. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 21:42
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

Based upon your post, I say Secrets. Having been to the El Coz you know what to expect "in mexico", so I wouldn't worry too much about some of the reviews it gets.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

Another vote for Secrets.

Here's their Facebook page if you'd like to see what they are saying. https://www.facebook.com/SecretsAuraCozumel

BTW the Park Royal has a very very tiny beach,

Edited: 30 May 2013, 11:32
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

the snorkeling in front of the Palace is not great..in fact it's below average...Playa Azul sounds to me what your looking for..honestly..check out the reviews

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

I agree that either Playa Azul or Coral Princess would be the right place. Snorkeling is AMAZING right in front of the Coral Princess. If you book a one bedroom unit, you will have a stunning ocean view with a balcony to sit on for watching sunsets. Great dive shop on site. Abdius the DM, will take you on a wonderful snorkel trip to the bigger reefs if you want. Good restaurant on site for breakfast or lunch. I would always choose to go into town to dine in the evening. Some evenings they will have a little music at Happy Hour or will do a bar-b-que for dinner by the pool. Pretty low key though.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

We were snorkeling at Coral Princess a couple of weeks ago and did not like the fact that they feed the fish.. the fish are aggressive and bite you when you're trying to get out of the water up the ladder. Broke the skin on my friends ankle.. I started pounding the water to scare the fish just so I could climb out. I would choose Hotel Cozumel out of the options you asked about because it's closer to town. I have never stayed there but have known people that have stayed there and no complaints (except maybe the food and that's anywhere practically!)

9. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 18:35
Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for the right resort - Help!!

They're not relocating her far enough. Sounds like Linkslady had alot more than one annoying fish though. I get REALLY annoyed when I see people feeding the fish. It's not smart or good for the fish. Grrrr!! If the resorts cared about the animals and environment they'd have signs or ask folks NOT to feed the fish.