We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

Hey guys

Thinking about staying here in July. I called the hotel today to see if they could guarantee a room upgrade on the $1,500 resort credit if I booked a city view. The unpleasant woman on the phone told me to inquire at check in and that it is subject to availability.

I took a look at the hotel and city view would be awful. Does anyone know if July is a busy month for this hotel? Should I gamble and book the cityview and try to upgrade on arrival? Not keen on forking out $700-800 out of pocket to book the oceanview in advance either. Not sure what to do.

Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

Summer is low season. How much time are you going to spend in your room anyways? If it's really important to you...book what you want ....or wait and see what is available. Why would you expect a guarantee upgrade with credit if they can book other folks with real money? You will love the Palace.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

I wasn't expecting her to guarantee it, rather just to reassure me that the odds are good that an upgrade will be available. Guess what I was really looking for was indication of how busy it gets in summer, so thank you.

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

We stayed in the city view a couple years ago, it was not bad at all. I remember reading negative reviews before the trip, I was expecting a "motel 6 " room by what some reviews were saying. It was almost the exact same room, minus a jacuzzi, which would only get used for cleaning up my dive gear anyway. And it faces the grocery store, not a big deal for us, we don't hang out in the room much anyway. It was not worth paying $88 a night for oceanview to me. ,

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
641 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

Is there anything but ocean view at the palace? I thought every room faced the ocean? Do a few face the street?

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

I think they have about 4 city view rooms.

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

We stayed in one, some friends stayed in another one, and other friends paid for the upgrade, I checked their room out and was thankful I used that money for diving instead of looking at the ocean. Just my opinion. some do enjoy oceanview!

Edited: 31 May 2013, 23:51
Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

Are the city view rooms a little smaller? Just wondering as we have a 6 yr old and appreciate any extra room we get. We have talked about reserving the city view, but would want to be comfortable if we had to keep it. I know the furnishings are the same, just wondering about size.

I am not surprised they would not guarantee an upgrade and also surprised you encountered anyone "unpleasant" at the palace.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

to me it is definitely worth the money to have coffe every morning on my balcony while gazing at the Caribbean while contemplating my day underwater..it gives me great pleasure to stare at the water anytime i'm on my balcony...sunsets; afternoons, whatever...but next time i go, if i choose the palace again, i'm going to book a city view and do my best to upgrade..i've stated before that the frequency of which you go also has a lot to do with it...for example if i were to go 3 or 4 times per year than my ocean view priorities would probably change due to finances..as 1 person mentioned above the water view doesn't mean so much to them..we're all different..but if i were you i would absolutely gamble on an upgrade in july..there are no gaurantees, of course..there may be agroup event at the hotel that week..also they could move you on the second or third night...good luck

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

I agree if I did only one trip a year, I would maybe splurge on ocean view, but I try and get 3-4 trips a year so I am cheap. I am just happy to stay at the Palace, it can spoil you!

10. Re: Cozumel Palace Room Upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 21:42