We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport-Hotels Transportation

adriancoz
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Airport-Hotels Transportation

From all the readings i have done and evaluating the options, the only way to fo to your hotels from the airport are:

1- Airport Vans

2 - Rent a car at airport's boths

3 - Rent a car outside of the airport, leave wife at exit gate with luggage while you go pick up car after a 500 yard walk.

4 - Walk 500 yards out the airport dragging luggage and take a taxi.

5 - Have a friend pick you up.

After all this said, my question is: how much do you pay from your Local Airport to your home if you had to take a taxi?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

Adrian- many of us can't take a taxi from home to and from the airport. We have to drive 3 hours just to get to the airport. Even if we lived in a city where an airport was we wouldn't use a taxi. Many people live much much farther from their airport than the distance from Cozumel airport to their hotel/resort. Are you asking the question out of curiosity or because some people complain of Cozumel cab prices?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

We live less than 15 miles from our local airport...depending on traffic, roughly a 15-20 minute ride and we pay $35.

We stay at Playa Azul which is a short ride from the airport. I don't mind option 1 and the cost.

adriancoz
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

Im asking as I have had the opportunity to travel to many cities in the US and the rate i pay for transport to hotel generally is way more than the one thats paid here in Cozumel. Then its some curiousity whats the amount people pay in touristy cities, example: Vegas, NY, Chicago, Miami, San Fran, Dallas, etc.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

I pay around $30. to $35. to get from La Guardia airport (in New York) to the East Village. My opinion is still that it takes much longer and is farther from airports in most cities to hotels than in Cozumel. We also always do option #1.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

Many hotels within 10-15 miles of the airport in the US will pick you up for free in their private van.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

$20 bucks plus tip- one way- I park at the airport for $5 aday

fort worth
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

I would imagine it would be about 80 bucks for us from DFW to home.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,240 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

I live 400 kms. north of the Toronto airport, so I drive to a nearby hotel the night before my flight and take the hotel shuttle for free. They pick me up for free on the way back, too.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

Do you get to park for free? We do the same thing and have to pay $6. U.S. per day for parking. But we get a great big free cookie.

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport-Hotels Transportation

We live in Mn.and when we go to cozumel in the winter we stay at a hotel the night before.We park our car in there heated under ground parking.They shuttle us to the airport and pick us up when we return. Price is around $159 for hotel shuttle and 10 days of parking.We are staying longer this winter so extra days are $10 a day.