We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Diving Articles

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
403 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Diving Articles

Got my copies of Scuba Diving and Sport Diver magazines today. Low and behold, two great articles on Cozumel, Wilma, the comeback /recovery and the excellent diving. Both are a sight to behold :) It's really about time. The article in Sport Diver is even more important as it talks in length about us "returnees", those of us that come back year after year and not just for the diving. The intro says it all, "there can be only one reason why every diver in the world doesn't make a yearly pilgramage to Cozumel: They haven't been here yet!" I couldn't agree more :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Diving Articles

I have already said in an old post that Cozumel has a special & secret magnetic attraction to those that have been there, and am hoping for a government grant to help study it. That is obviously very good news for the dive industry & tourism realted industries there.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Diving Articles

Yeah, I read the Sport Diver article last night....very encouraging. I thought the author did a decent job describing the island's charm. I may have to pay better attention to the other articles on other destination write-ups as I'd always considered them thinly veiled ads for the industry. But that one was pretty fair and balanced.....and most importantly accurate. The only thing that bugs me of that magazine is the silly dive site rankings. They are not bad recommendations but silly to rank them like that as if there is some sort of agreed consensus within the local dive community. I know it's only one diver's opinion but it's just too subjective for my tastes. The day that such consensus occurs is the day hell freezes.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Diving Articles

My OW certified daughter and I are heading to Cozumel for a week in mid-July and the other day we dug out several back issues of Sport Diver and Scuba Diving magazines to check out all the Cozumel articles we could find. I also read the item in the current Sport Diver magazine about returnees.

We'll be there with several other divers and are planning about four days of two-tank dives with an dive operator named Cristina Roman who comes highly recommended by some of the other divers in our group. Are any of you familiar with Cristina? (www.divewithcristina.com)

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Diving Articles

I agree about the rankings - I ignored them and filed the article in case I ever need it. It was useful, I thought, overall. The second article about post-Wilma recovery was lovely and I got goosebumps when he started to succumb to Cozumel's simple charm.

It's nice to read positive stuff like that.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Diving Articles

I have never been with Christina, but have seen other diver's reviews on other sites. She is always highly recommended. You will enjoy the diving in Coz. Columbia Deep was one of the best dives I have ever done. The coral formations are unbelievable. Reminded me of going through NYC with tall skyscrapers. It provides lots of swimthroughs and sea life. Other great sites were: Palancar (any of them), Chankanaab, and we like Tormentos.

6. Re: Cozumel Diving Articles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 10:36