We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Safari or ?

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aqua Safari or ?

We are looking for reccomendations for scuba and snorkeling trips. We are staying at the Palace and would LOVE feedback on Aqua Safari ) or other dive companies. We have three that need certifications...

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

There are many good dive shops n cozumel. If your people are wanting to get their open water cert. i recommed doing classwork at home and the open water dives in cozumel. This way you have a private DM for your first dives in cozumel, which i highly recommend anyone to have on their first dives. I have not heard anything bad about aqua safari. The dive shop manager Angel is one of the nicest guys on the island. I dive with Dive pardise- their instructors Jose,Omar, and Israel are all great. Try scubaboard for good recommendations also. enjoy

Edited: 15 June 2013, 13:44
cozumel
Level Contributor
165 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

Aqua Safari is a Great operation. Very safety minded and Bill really cares about doing it right. If you are a very experienced diver then I would consider other options but the poster sounds like a new diver and if he is at the Palace then it fits perfectly since AS is now the on site shop again.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

You can also contact Deanna of 2 D's Diving and Tours. She can customize the groups needs.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

I did my open water with Aqua Safari while staying at the Palace. Great op and instruction, for ease of a new new student its a geat way to go. For the record I now dive with Blue Xt Sea for their small boats, valet service and ability to dive my computer.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

I have never heard a bad thing about Aqua Safari. Bill has been in business on the island for many years and has a very loyal following. I believe their boats are larger and slower than the little six pack boats that are wildly used. I think ds2, one of the DE's dives with them on a regular basis, maybe she can chime in on what the boats are like.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

They do have bigger slow boats that have multiple DMs on them as well a a smaller fast boat with only a max of 8 divers.

7. Re: Aqua Safari or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:17