We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few short reviews.

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
A few short reviews.

Money Bar- went there to see the band Fugga who were great fun. The place was teeming with mosquitoes and the food average at best. Had calamari, coconut shrimp and pretty good ceviche. Mojitos good but a little too sweet to suit me. Good service.

Blue Angel- Music by Abraham was outstanding as always. I wasn't as impressed by our dinner there as in the past. Rellenos were very good and my chicken/watermelon salad was fantastic. Tortilla soup o.k. Shrimp salad and another shrimp dish not so great. We didn't like the 2 dipping sauces at all. Key lime pie very mediocre. Service very good.

Zermatt's Bakery- Love their flan and jamon con queso stuffed biscuit thingie.

Sunday night on the plaza- not as crowded as usual. Music good as always. Girl salsa dancing on stilts was fun to watch. It was very hot and we just dripped w/ sweat.

Love Cafe- went there to see Red Eye Band who we like very much. It was crowded and the service was terrible. Another hot night and we were drenched w/ sweat but had fun anyways.

The east side- Visited Mezcalito's where the margaritas are small, strong and wonderful. Lots of turtle nests all up and down the coast. The girls like the swings and hammocksat Mezcalito's. Stopped at Punta Morena for awhile and enjoyed the pool....hated the rap music. Coconuts was our last stop...we don't like their margaritas or food so we just get beer there. Love the music. We didn't spend as much time on the east side this year.

We were lucky enough to have the use of a friend's car for the week.

Another 'best trip ever' to the island...we say that every year but it really does just get better and better.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few short reviews.

Thanks for the report. I always appreciate honest, concise comments!

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few short reviews.

Thanks frogleggs, we also like Red Eye band but boy it does get very hot over at Love.

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few short reviews.

Thanks for the report. Love the margaritas at mezcalitos as well and the relaxation factor is the best!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few short reviews.

Mezcalito's margaritas are exactly how a margarita should be.....try them. And yeah...the relaxation factor is excellent and since it's the very last...(or first) bar on the north end of the east side you can have a wonderful long walk north if you want.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few short reviews.

Thanks for the updates. I always find your reports to be spot on, even though won't don't agree about car rental..lol.

In all the years I have been going to the East side of Coz, I have never stopped at Mezcallito's. It hasn't been intentional, I just haven't stopped. Don't know why. I will make it a point in a couple of weeks.

Was thinking I might check out some live music this time too.

What kind of music do each of those bands play ?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few short reviews.

They both do mostly cover rock-n-roll with some excellent Mexican songs tossed in....cumbia etc. Both of the bands lead guitarists are great! Abraham has the softest, relaxing sound...wonderful vocals with a set up that really enhances his playing and voice. Don't miss him.

We agree on EVERYTHING Eno...smiles.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few short reviews.

Abraham is not to br missed. I believe he is also at La Perlita on sundays

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few short reviews.

We checked out Fugga at the Money Bar while we were there (6/21/2013) - A very good and super entertaining band. The lead guitarist and bass player were superb. The singer was very good, but occasionally tackled some things out of his range. The keyboard player played so minimally he was hard to get a read on. The drummer was kind of the weak link (or just having a bad night), but was mostly good enough.

It was a lot of fun and entertainment, and I really enjoyed hearing different takes on a number of songs my cover band plays... in a Mexican accent.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few short reviews.

Where's the best mojito that you have gotten on the island ? I keep trying to find a really good one and each time I'm a bit disappointed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few short reviews.

TXGAL, have you tried Casa del Mojito on 5, 2 doors north of Tony's? Great drinks and very good Cuban sandwiches.