We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

Highly recommend Discover Mexico Park in Cozumel as an excellent place to visit, particularly for mobility-impaired guests! Went in June, 2012 as Carnival cruise excursion with elderly parents, one in a wheelchair and the other with vision/hearing impairments. Fantastic! Price was surprisingly reasonable, and we were transported by air-conditioned van from pier to museum and back. The museum is lovely and comfortably cool, with beautiful collections. The walk along outside trails was shaded and easy (even pushing a wheelchair!) and very informative. Our guide, Chucho, was exceptionally knowledgeable, and he spoke impeccable Spanish and English. What a charming gentleman! Although we were not able to physically navigate visits to actual ruins, Discover Mexico gave us an excellent opportunity to see scale models and learn about the history and culture in fascinating detail. At the end of our tour, we enjoyed (again, very reasonably-priced!) cold drinks and absolutely delicious authentic food cooked onsite by a friendly lady who welcomed us as if we had been old friends! WOW! If you are a museum fan, or looking for something relaxing, low-impact and easily accessible to do - visit Discover Mexico Park! GREAT PLACE, GREAT PEOPLE!

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

What a nice review. It makes me want to go!

Please write it as a review under Discover Mexico also so more people will see it.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

Glad you had a good time. I have tried to get my parents down there for a trip. My dad is in a wheel chair. Thanks for posting

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,293 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

Nice to read about your experience. Mexico is not always handicapped friendly so nice to read someone does a good job of this.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

Great to know. Someone on the Playa del Carmen board is asking about wheelchair-accessible activities over there and not coming up with much.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

And, obviously, Mexico doesn't follow the American's With Disabilities Act (ADA). The standards in the US are much higher.

The Money Bar is one of the few beach bars that I would consider to be nearly 100% accessible by US standards. Carlos and Charlies Beach bar is a close second.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

thanks! good to know as reference for the many accessible? questions that come up.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

I know rastas now has a wheelchair ramp also.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

Thanks so much for the postings. We are visiting Cozumel next year. My husband is handicapped and to know about places with easy accessibility is a great bonus.

9. Re: Discover Mexico Park Cozumel for Handicapped

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:16