We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soriano location

Pataskala, Ohio
Level Contributor
173 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Soriano location

I have seen mentioned on the forum that there is a soriano grocery store on the island?

Can anyone help me with where it is located?

Thank you.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soriano location

Ave 30 Norte between Calles 6 & 8. Do you crave fried chicken?!

Pataskala, Ohio
Level Contributor
173 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soriano location

Thank you for your quick reply. I didn't even know they had fried chicken- but that is funny! , we are staying the area (closer to the waterfront) so we thought that it might be closer than Mega. It seems like it will be.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soriano location

IMO, Soriana has the best fried chicken on the island. Available late morning-mid afternoon. If you're lucky, you'll find a few slices of limon pie (it looks like a multi-layer torte -- only avail. in the prepared foods dept -- it gets bought out quickly.) It also has very nice selection of fruits & veggies -- don't buy too much early in the week since new produce arrives every Wednesdays. The 80-20 ground beef and fresh chickens are also good. Shopping tip: In Mexico, the expiration date for eggs is 30 days after laying. Eggs are marked with both dates to help you know how fresh they are (or aren't).

Edited: 28 June 2013, 02:56
North America
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Soriano location

Agree with ds2-Soriana has really good fried chicken for take out and I also agree their fruit and produce is good. My friend who owns a b&b's on the island will only buy his fruit fom Soriana's for the guest breakfasts. They also sometimes carry items I cannot find in the other stores such as Lipton Diet Lemon Ice tea mix in the jars. Another one of my friends buys her turkeys for the holidays at Soriana's.

Pataskala, Ohio
Level Contributor
173 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soriano location

Thank you so much for your help. My husband found it today and brought me back some fresh-warm tortillas. Yum! We will definitely have to check out the chicken.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soriano location

Don't miss Olivia's tamales stand just outside Soriana. You can get a very good tamal there.

7. Re: Soriano location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:17