We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

My friend wants to go on this some evening while we are there in august . It looks like fun and it is something I haven't done in cozumel yet. Do you have to prebook it on the website or can you book this while on the island ? thank you

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

I don't think you do Wicked but we always do. You can do it online or just find the dudes dressed up like Pirates down around the place that serves the daiquiris across the way from Palmera's. If you do it in person there may not be enough room for you to go that day but they can set you up for the following day. They are usually milling around the area at about 4-5 pm daily.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 18:48
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

If you book thru This Is Cozumel you save 10%. It's called the Jean Lafitte. It says to book 48 hrs. before your travel date. No Sunday trips and Mondays are questionable...other sites just say no trips on Sunday. You should send them an email w/ your question.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

Additionally you can look for the dude that plays guitar in the palm hat who hangs out at Wet Wendy's all the time, he will get you a discount as well, IF you buy his $5 CD. LOL

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

We always pre-book it through Cozumel Tours and get the surf and turf for $71. It's been the same for a long time. Great deal - fun night.

This year when I thought it was just going to be my husband and I with our 15yr old daughter - I said we could skip it this year. My daughter LOST IT - she said she has so much fun on the boat - it was one of her highlights. Who knew ? Glad to know my family is still enjoying it after all these years !

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

thank you for all the info

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

Booked for Friday, July 19th! Can't wait!!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

It is so much fun... Our kid loves it but it can get a big racy depending on the group that is going. You have no control over that but of the numerous times we have been (not sure how many, maybe 4), we only encountered a rowdy bunch one time.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

Good news is they DO cut people off if they drink too much. We had one fellow lose his drinking privileges the time we went out. As for racy, the humour was mildly adult, but not over the top; I'd take my kids (they're older though) again in a heartbeat. The pirates were great at involving the kids.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

We are booked for July 24th ! We'll miss you by just a few days ATX

10. Re: Do you have to prebook the pirate ship dinner sail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18