We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

Daphne, AL
4 posts
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

Hello! We will be visiting the Cozumel Palace in late July and am curious about the different colored wristbands available. Some travel agents are touting a black vip wristband with special benefits. Is this something I should pursue? We booked through vacationstogo.com and there was no mention of a special colored wristband.

Thank you for your input! :-)

1. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 21:28
Daphne, AL
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

Thank you so much for the information! I saw on ebay you can buy a black vip band for $1.00. Do you think it's worth it?

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

I personally do not like the wristband "status" deal. I have been going to the palace resort s for over 10 years and never joined in the membership for my own reasons. My last visit was exactly that my last , I do not like that they sold off or partnered with hard rock. If I want hard rock hotel I would go to vegas and the vip, concierge, ect, ect really turned me off . If I pay to stay at a hotel and it ends up that i'm paying the same rate as a member , I'm just not paying for years and years ahead and one lump sum , I don't like to see a area roped off. Palace resorts are great but just not my cup of tea anymore.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

wow...where will u be staying WW?

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

going to stick with smaller resorts , I don't need all the bells and whistles . All I need is a bed and a shower and coffee in the morning. My husband is the reason I stayed at the palace last visit ( health problems) . I have been to coz with my childhood friend of 38 years and her and I have stayed at the El coz, coral princess, fontan ( now hotel B). I really love the north end , its great for snorkeling. Don't get me wrong the palace is a beautiful hotel and the staff is amazing , it's just I can stay at a cheaper hotel and have a lot of fun on the island with the extra money.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

I'm with you wicked witch- I stay at hotel coz which is cheap and can afford to come down more often.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

Do not waste a dollar on the black VIP band lol

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

WW, it was my understanding that the Palace resorts split in half and that half of them partnered with Hard Rock and half did not. I thought Cozumel Palace was one of the ones that did not. It's been a year since I have been there, has something changed?

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

you are correct texas, the cozumel palace & playacar & beach & sun & moon.are still palace the Aventura is both I think. It's the whole "status or entitlement" vibe that turned me off. I really don't spend much time at the hotel when I'm in cozumel , too much to see and do so I don't need to be waited on hand & foot. What you spend for two people to stay at the palace you can almost take 2 trips, and two trips to cozumel is way better then one ;)

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel Palace colored wristbands

I never noticed any issues with "status". (We have none). Did you specifically have a problem? Or are you just against the idea? We did not stay at the palace this year as we needed a condo. The only thing I noticed before was the beach section next to the pier. No one ever used it anyway so it sure didnt bother me that it was roped off and no one was there. Juy wondering if something changed this year.