We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Bordentown, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Does anyone know what dive shop is associated with Sunscape Sabor? My husband and I would like to get certified on vacation and I would like to look up reviews of any dive shops before we go....I'm a little nervous and want to go with a good one!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
2,525 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

It is Dive Palancar. The pier is a short walk in front of Secrets.

Other dive ops can also pick you up there.

Mentioned in this post
Dive  Palancar
Dive Palancar
206 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Bordentown, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Thank you!

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Do your classwork and pool dives at home. Then do your open water dives in coz. This way you have a private DM on your first dives in coz.That is would how i would have done it if i had to do it again. I soooooo needed a privatte DM on my first dives i had no buoyancy and couldn't stay down. It really makes you feel comfortable to have someone personally watching and helping you. enjoy

PS. i know classwork can now be done online. It is a little bit more expensive , but do it on your own time

Edited: 11 July 2013, 16:36
okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Scubaboard cozumel also has great info

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

definitely do your book and pool at home and get a referral to do your open in Coz.we leave Monday for Sabor, and always dive with eagle ray

They will pick you up at Sabor and they can complete your open water cert. It is how we did it

tell them the pyrates sent you

Youngstown, OH
Level Contributor
331 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

My mom and I got certified with Dive Palancar from Sabor. We did as okdiver and Pyrate recommend and completed all classwork/pool session at home. We just needed the four open water dives. Victor was our DM and he was great. It was just the two of us with him, but we were on the boat with all of the other experienced divers and we dove where they did. It was nice to talk to others and get tips. When we decended, the three of us went a different way than everyone else, we dove for about 30 minutes and then did our skills (about 10 minutes). Another reason we chose Dive Palancar was because they are onsite all day. We had a lot of questions and could go up to them at any time and ask. If you choose an off site operation, you won't have that ability. Now that we are certified we use other operations, but I am glad we used Dive Palancar for our certifications.

Mentioned in this post
Dive  Palancar
Dive Palancar
206 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Can you do your open water dives in 1 day or is it 2?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Two days.

Four dives. Two per day.

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

Do you have to book online in busy season or do they have openings?

Is there a minimum age?

Sussex, New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunscape Sabor Dive Shop?

The dive shop there is called the dive shop. The staff use to be at fiesta Americana but with the renovations have gone here. Absolutely wonderful! We had Javier as our instructor and he was very informative and patient. I had a panic attack on a dive and he eased my fears and I just jumped right back into it!

The cashiers, then Captain and crew of the boats were top notch as well!