We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter rental company

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
205 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter rental company

What scooter rental company do you guys recommend these days in Cozumel? I went with Isis last time, and had a couple minor issues. I was hoping for another recommendation.

P.S. Please only answer my question and do not lecture me about the safety of scooters in Cozumel. I will report as inappropriate. Thanks!

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter rental company

I rent from ISIS- what were the minor issues? I have had minor issues and they were handled no problem.I trust margarita and that means everything to me.

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
205 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter rental company

We were told we scratched the scooter. Although we were only charged $10 or something, I was still a little annoyed at the whole situation. I would go with them again though-- just wanted to see if anyone recommended a different company.

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter rental company

We rented scooters from Smart for many years, never had any problems. Switched to Isis few years ago. Isis just seems less of a hassle with paperwork, deductibles and returns.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 01:37
Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter rental company

If you look on the right side of the page - fifth item down, you will see a warning about renting scooters from the DE's.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,442 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter rental company

"We were told we scratched the scooter. Although we were only charged $10 or something,"

You were fortunate to be dealing with Margarita. Likely some rental companies would have charged $100.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooter rental company

I agree Robert. That is why I use ISIS. I have went with friends to turn in scooters or cars to other places and seen the numerous different ways people try to scam you. I have scratched a scooter and rubbed some paint off the fender of a bug and neither was a big deal. I paid about what the guy above paid. I actually offered more and she wouldn't take it .

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scooter rental company

first of all i applaud you for making your own decisions and choices..yes, we all know the dangers of scooters..i have to agree that 10 $ is a STEAL..i probably would have tipped them an extra 10..from everything i've read if isis told you that you scratched it, they really believe it...not a scam

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
205 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scooter rental company

Thanks for the feedback-- I will continue to go with ISIS since they seem to have the best reputation! I agree that a $10 charge is no bid deal and extremely fair if we did indeed scratch the scooter, but at the time it seemed like they might have added a silly extraneous charge that would appear small, and therefore dismissible. This was my first time renting from them, and I was unaware of their stellar reputation. I trust that this was probably a fluke based on your experiences with them.

9. Re: Scooter rental company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 07:17