We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel day pass? Why?

lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
763 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel day pass? Why?

Since we have not stayed at a hotel since Wilma but have rented places every year, can't say we are familiar with passes but wd like to hear from you all....once again we will have newbie visitors who are looking to just kick back,people watch, music? eat well and drink close to top shelf...One person can do limited steps. We will cover beach bars for sure but wondering about hotels. We are staying 5 weeks at Penn Grand but will have a car for some time. Thx!! Sue

cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

Secrets maroma beach, quite simply it's amazing, beautiful beach. The BEST service And delicious food and drinks

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

What is the Penn Grand?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

Penn Grand is a rental on Cozumel. Don't know why lynznpete suggested Secrets Maroma as it is on the mainland. Cozumel Palace is IMO the best AI on the island and they sell day passes. Park Royal has day passes too but the beach is tiny and across the street. Hotels like Coral Princess and Hotel B will let you spend the day there as long as you eat and drink. I don't recommend El Cozumeleno or Melia.

lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

Thx froglegs...any idea what coz palace charges? At Penninsula Grand we are close to Coral and B, wondered if Playa Azul does day passes?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

I don't know about Playa Azul. We just go to their beach club alot and like it...pretty good snorkeling. If you want their pool at the hotel I'd try sending them an email. Sunday afternoons at 2p.m. they have the Red Eye Band.

Last time I was at Cozumel Palace the day pass was $90...it's sure has gone up in price...before that we paid $60.

cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

I didn't realise they were staying on the island :)

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

what about El Presidente??? i read somewhere they also have an AI daypass...i think it was 130$ US...nice little beach; decent snorkeling ; classy place

Pascagoula...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

I'm with froglegs that Cozumel is a great place to stay and for day pass. Just got back from PlayaCar Palace and did a day trip but didn't have to pay due to staying a a Palace Resort. It was a nice relaxing day with very few there on comparison to Moon and Playacar.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

Glad you had fun....but...Moon and Playacar should not come into play and comparison since we are talking about hotel day passes on COZUMEL. El Presidente IS wonderful.

lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel day pass? Why?

thx guys for all the suggestions....emailed playa azul and coz palace but either way think those two will be checked out when we are down there...we never miss the sunday salsa dancing at the beach club, froglegs just wish we cd dance like that!! We used to go to sol cabanas so that beach club is like coming home....we were at mayaluum last yr and thought about coz palace but will definitely try it out. For us its easy to go thru $100/day in sol, rum and good food!