We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Youngstown, OH
Level Contributor
313 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

My husband and I want to do a 2 tank twilight dive with Deep Blue either Wednesday or Thursday (Aug 7 or 8) next week but need at lease one more diver. They are going to promote it with their clients but I figured I would post here as well. Is anyone else interested in going? Price is $80 for a two tank trip, the first being just before dark and second after. This will be our first night dive. Deep Blue gets great reviews on TA.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

Great to do the first time, but for me once was enough. Seems like all operations were diving in the same place. Groups passing under and over you; easy to get with the wrong group.

Youngstown, OH
Level Contributor
313 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

Now you're scaring me!!! Everyone says it's amazing so I want to try it but of course I am worried about getting lost!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

I have done a bunch of twilight night dives in Cozumel. I have only run into another group one time and we didn't get all that close to them. Most ops will do the night dive portion at Paradise reef which is big enough not to be tripping all over another group. I would go with you and pay the $80, but I would need you to pony up for the airfare and hotel for a night or two.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

I have a better offer. You pay for my airfare and hotel and I will get you with a dive op that won't go to Paradise.

okc
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

I love night diving. I got seperated from my group and went under the cruise ship pier. That was before i had my bouyancy down. I almost swam for shore. Luckily no cruise ships in.

You will love it cousonjenn. So many things out at night i never see during the day. I love the ocotpus. Enjoy i got 30 days to go.

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

I also love the night dives.

Since ths is your first and it is a two tank night dive, I would suggest you wear a 1 or 3 mm suit. (Be sure and change your weight to compensate for the suit). Night diving is just a little chillier then day time diving, but way funner!!!

7. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 12:07
8. Re: Twilight Dive - anyone want to join?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:20