We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

Denver City, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

We are planning a trip to Cozumel and want opinions on the best all inclusive resort. We want to be on the beach and close to town. Opinions on food is greatly appreciated, also the must do's while there. There will be at least 3 couples going

North Carolina
Level Contributor
557 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

Best AI close to town and on the beach is El Cozumeleno. Good beach, close to town and nice snorkeling.

Cheers!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

With all due respect, the best AI on the island, which happens to be close to town is the Cozumel Palace. Palace doesn't have much of a beach (man made), but everything else is top notch. After that, then you can look at el coz and park royal (and having been to both twice, park royal wins that contest hands down).

3. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 02:35
North Carolina
Level Contributor
557 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

Steve,

I agree Cozumel Palace is very nice and close to town but there is no beach, IMO. The sandy area is fine but you can't walk into the ocean so I do not consider that a beach. The OP is a little vague on what they want but I'm guessing they want to walk on "the beach" and enter the water.

Cheers!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
97 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

El Cozumeleno has a decent, easy-access stretch of beach and free snorkel ing that is really fun. About a $7 cab ride to town or a leisurely 35 min walk. The food in the buffet is decent, the sit-down is alittle better. Grounds are beautiful and staff are friendly and hard working. I recomend touring the island, either on your own or with a tour company. We enjoyed a jeep tour that included snorkeling and the Fury catamaran which you can board at the pier at the hotel (if you like snorkeling). Its a great place to relax, unwind. Headed back there this January.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

El Coz would probably fit your needs, as long as you're not foodies. How about Playa Azul? Maybe not a real beach though??

Edited: 07 August 2013, 15:13
oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

Some must do's are

# 1 book a snorkel trip with Tiger on the legend

# 2 go sailing on the Tucan

# 3 take the pearl farm tour

# 4 go over to the east side for the day

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
597 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

Definitely go to the east side for a day. You haven't seen Cozumel until you've been to the other side.

Everyone must stop at Coconuts for a drink or for lunch - it's located up on a bluff with the best views on the island.

For a group in their 20's, I think you'd enjoy a stop at San Francisco beach - they have water sports and rafts / water slides, public changing rooms and showers.

Have a blast.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

El Cozumeleno definitely you wanted food included Breakfast, lunch and dinner (buffet and a la carte).

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All inclusive resort in Cozumel for group in their 20's

As said, the Cozumel Palace has the best location and is , in my opinion, the best AI hotel. But the choice depends on how important the beach is to you.

I definitely would go to the East side . Coconuts is a good stop for a drink and the view but you will find much better food elsewhere. If you want snorkeling, my choice would be the Palancar beach. Good snorkeling trip available with very nice beach and food and drink facilities.