We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

I scuba dive, my husband does not. We need a nice hotel where he can snorkel while I go diving. Location near La Caleta Marina is a plus. Hotel needs a nice beach. It preferably is not all-inclusive. Thanks for your suggestions.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

As has been discussed here many times....good "beach" and good "snorkeling" don't go together. The absolute best shore snorkeling on the island is in front of the Coral Princess resort. It is amazing and really easy. We spend every February there. My hubby dives and I don't. I love the CP for just what you suggest.

Bonus....the on site dive shop, Pepe SCUBA, is excellent. North end location makes it easy to get into town to dine, however the on-site restaurant is good for breakfast and post dive lunches. There is always a great dive community staying at the CP sharing post dive lunches to rehash the mornings events. Hubby also does the snorkel trips out to bigger reefs with me or we do night snorkeling right out front of the resort. So much to see. I have seen everything from octopus to eagle rays in front of the CP while snorkeling.

Photos:

tonna.zenfolio.com/p912254153#h48348fda

SCUBA:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d1…

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

Everyone has there home away from home.My wifes and mine is the Elcoz.The snorkeling is great all you do is walk south down the beach about a mile and the current brings you right back to the pier If you want sandy beach you can walk north for as far as you want.I have seen .lobster,rays,dolphines,barricuda,and tons of other things.The price is great,sevice great,food good to o.k.You should check this out before you make any dicisions.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

El Coz is AI.

Presidente is about as close the caleta as you can get and not AI. Several hotels dot the main road just on the other side of the cruise ship pier, but none of them have much beach to speak of.

Mn.
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

Your right my mistake.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

Well the OP is going to have to give on something, so maybe they will accept AI ;)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

I'd give up darn near ANYTHING before I'd stay at an AI. Too many great places to eat on the island to lock in on prepaid, mediocre food. Yuk!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

The OP doesn't WANT AI. El Coz and Coral Princess are not near the caleta. I suggest checking out Blue Angel, Villa Blanca & Casa Del Mar...especially Blue Angel...no beach....good snorkeling...not AI...excellent restaurant...not far from town.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

Good suggestions, froglegs. I agree, the OP isn´t looking for El Coz or Coral Princess.

9. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 22:41
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a nice hotel in Cozumel with snorkeling on the beach

FWIW - as a diver, I would never stay north side again unless I was renting a car and driving myself to the caleta. I assume the OP is of the same mindset and thus, wanted to be close to the caleta so that ones dive day didn't talk all day or require high taxi fares.