We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

keep it safe down there

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
keep it safe down there

looks like a little storm coming your way over the next few days

should not be much for the veterans down there

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: keep it safe down there

noooooooooooooo make it go away

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: keep it safe down there

Gale force gusts of wind - would not want to be on the ferry now

Friends in Akumal mention the winds are getting worse

As I recommend, always monitor the Hurricane sites this time of year

Looks like we are in for some good wind and rain

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: keep it safe down there

been watching the tropics since I lived in New Orleans, yep we lost almost everything

now I watch because all my favorite vaca spots are there.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: keep it safe down there

Nothing newsworthy about the weather here, though there was a nice breeze yesterday, which made summer more comfortable. Intermittent rain began last night and will continue through today, according to the forecast.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: keep it safe down there

ummm not trying to cause undue concern but when the NHC has a tropical invest in your back yard that is at least worth attention

now the storm has passed it appears, but to say nothing about it is a bit dangerous

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: keep it safe down there

Im due to arrive this Sunday. Any word on how long the bad weather is predicted to last? Getting nervous because I've been so looking forward to this vacation!

Laverne, Ok
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: keep it safe down there

Looks like you may arrive between storms, just keep an eye on tropical storm erin that is tracking that way. It is to far out to predict which path it will take.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: keep it safe down there

I appreciate your concern about our welfare, Pyrate, and thank you. Also, thankfully, we have been spared for a number of years...

Of course, we paid very close attention to this one as we always do and everyone was prepared to weather worse than the meteorologists predicted. (2005 is a fresh memory -- when the storms cranked up big heads of steam right before hitting the island.)

For this one, the local and NHC forecasts were very, very far apart. This wasn't a news maker and civil protection's storm-alert system wasn't activated. These surprised me given the info I'd been reading elsewhere on the web. When this system arrived, it was obvious that we were in for a couple of rainy days only. The Mexican forecasters got it right. Therefore, I posted "nothing newsworthy."

9. Re: keep it safe down there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:18