We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

I am going to Cozumel on a cruise stop with my niece (14), mom (64), and grandma (we are celebrating her birthday - #87). We want to see some sights but are not sure what is available to accommodate my grandma. She has limited mobility and cannot walk for long distances. Any suggestions?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

Contact your cruise line and ask if they have a wheelchair you can use. You could take a cab to town and have some fun and then go north a short ways and tour the museum...if I remember correctly, they have an elevator. Money Bar might be a good choice for beach club snorkeling. Your taxi can drop you right in front and it's a very short way (over level cement floors) to tables under the big palapa and not far to the nice restrooms. I'm sure waiters will help ya'll over any rough spots.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

DEFINITELY get a wheelchair. Your grandma will probably be able to walk even less with the heat and humidity--let her ride!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

Please be very careful, the sidewalks are ueven in many places.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

I agree with everyone. A wheelchair is a must for her. The heat is hard on me and I'm not her age. Also, the sidewalks, like stated above can be uneven.

5. Re: Cozumel for limited mobility senior citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 07:19