We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Coz & Oct Triathlon

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
El Coz & Oct Triathlon

Anyone know how much busier this will make the resort the weekend of Oct 5th - 6th??

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

Not much as many of the athletes stay south of town in the sponsor hotels or stay in condos so they can prepare their own training meals.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

El Coz is also A sponsor hotel. They are for many of these events.

I've been during those times and really haven't noticed a big difference.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

The 1/2 Ironman is this month and the full Ironman is Dec. 1. What triatholon are you concerned about? I know Mr. Sanchos had it's own event a couple of weeks ago.

Laverne, Ok
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

I am participating in the "Dual-drinkathon" in about a week.

ie - 2 drinks at a time, 1 in each hand. :)

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

October is the ITU event. 5 October is an open tri. 6 October is a World Cup Tri for elite athletes. The circuit is Olympic short-track -- all events will be held on the malecon, so not many road closures that weekend.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

Thanks Deb!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

United moved us to El Coz when Fiesta shut down for renovations. We didn't know a thing about this event then. I sure hope it doesn't over run the resort. Somewhere I read the swimming part starts from the El Coz pier?!? Anyone know?? We go at this time of year because we like a slower, more laid back atmosphere. I would hate to have to deal with huge crowds. But, we'll make the best of it however it goes. 29 days!!!!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

Which Iron Man is taking place September 22? Are they running a race every 2 weeks?

http://www.ironman703cozumel.com/

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

The early fall one is a HALF IM. The full is Dec. 1. Both are "low-season" so imagine you'd be just fine. The Allegro was near deserted last November, and they were a sponsor hotel.

Both swims start at Chankanaab park.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Coz & Oct Triathlon

The Oct 5 swim will be at Chankanaab and the bike & run will be on the south highway to Km. 9.

Oct. 6 swim will be across from the Palacio & Chedraui (transition area is at Cozumel Palace or El Cantil or both? Well, somewhere over there...) The bike is on Melgar between Hotel Villablanca and the Muelle Fiscal. The run is Melgar between the Palacio and Calle 2 Norte.