We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

We are going back June 2014 with our friends again. Dh's and I's anniversary falls on a Sunday...we are going to find something to go and do that evening. Is there really anything open that we can go and do?? I know we can go and have a nice dinner, I am just thinking about something to do other than dinner..any excursions, etc?

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Do you mean during the day or at night? An awful lot is shut down on Sunday. Could you not celebrate the day part on Saturday and drag out the dinner stuff on the Sunday? Milk two days out of the occasion! ;o)

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Thinking specifics: Pirate ship isn't going, Tucan isn't...I think Tiger takes Sundays off. Chankanaab is closed.

Hey, you could hit Chen Rio! All the locals will be there and it's a lot of fun to chill and people watch. Bring your own shade!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

If you put a group together, you can do a private charter on a Sunday. Things that usually don't run on Sundays will go for a private party. There will be a min. number of people that you have to pay for: The pirate ship is 30, I think. Fewer for other charters like snorkeling, fishing, sailing.

Or you can have a beautiful dinner & spend Saturday night at Ventanas Al Mar and just relax on the east side on Sunday.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 18:23
Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Look up private sailing on the Adelaide. They pick you up at Blue Angel. I would go for a nice sunset sail and then go to Casa Mission for dinner. Then I wouold likely fall asleep, or back to the hotel for a nightcap. G

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Send an email to Deanna at 2 D's Diving and Tours. I bet she'd take you out on a Sunday.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Desmei, I think will do like you said...drag it in to Sunday and go have dinner. I would like to go downtown Sunday night and enjoy the locals...will just do that.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Yay! I'm all about making a "celebration" into an "Event"!

How many years will it be?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Sometimes Rita, from Albatros Charters, will offer a trip to El Cielo on Sunday. Check with her when your vaca gets closer.

http://www.albatroscharters.com/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

Desmei, will be 18 yrs.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary falls on a Sunday...

We just *celebrated 19 years on the 3rd...congrats. :o)

*by "celebrated", I mean we both went to work as usual, my shift being a 1-9. It was pretty wild times, I tellsya! LOL