We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

So we arrived at CP for 3 days beginning Wednesday. Decided to use all of our credits on a Concierge room, pillow menu, aromatherapy, room service in ALL the restaurants which we loved along with upgraded bath amnenities. Well, our phone was out of order for our entire trip, and initially told us there were no other rooms available, and only when we complained about having no phone to order room service they told us the next day we could move but we were only there 3 nights and already unpacked quite a bit, so we declined. The guest relations manager gave us a cell phone to use, only after we complained, but really did appreciate her offer. Internet was down and spoty the entire trip, which really was inconvenient because we had a snorkle tour that got cancelled the day we arrived and weren't able to check our email, do we showed up at the tour and no one was there. The Money Bar supplied Wi-Fi so I was able to check my email and realize our tour got cancelled, so a wasted trip. My husband couldn't check his emails and he owns his own business. The last straw this evening was trying to pay our $60 check out bill with 5 credit cards that wouldn't work because of their crappy telephone/Wi-Fi service. They looked down on us like we had no money and wouldn't take the blame for their system. My husband and I are leaving tomarrow for PDC for another week and have plenty of money. We are actually at Hooters right now and just paid with our credit cards. The front desk treated us absolutely horrible and would never return. The grounds and the restaurant/bar/entertainment staff are the best we ever had. Hope people have a better experience!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

That sucks. Had you found out sooner, I would have suggested Playa Palancar.

What do you have planned to do on the mainland?

Edited: 06 September 2013, 03:36
2. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 17:35
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

Sorry for the problems. I suppose it can happen anywhere but no excuse for the poor front desk service.

I hope you enjoy your remaining days of vacation . Plenty to do in Playa and I hope the service is better. If you do need advice there, the Playa del Carmen forums are there with many who know the area well and can offer good advice. Enjoy!

Edited: 06 September 2013, 10:30
Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

Many people here love this place.

Personally I just don't get it. We checked out a couple rooms there. Did nothing for me.

I like having WiFi and with a bazillon awesome restaurants within walking distance I don't get the whole AI in town thing. I think I'd rather be at El Cantil for the money.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

I'd have to stay for at LEAST 10 nights to see if it's for me or not. ;o)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

I just can't stress enough about the employees at this resort. We just came back from breakfast and service and smiles and the conversations with the staff are just heartwarming. But the one thing besides the little things that went wrong , was Sara last night at the front desk. Because of her insensitivity about our situation why our 5 credit cards wouldn't work after proving by calling our banks, she never apologized or tried to resolve the situation. She laughed in our faces assuming we had no money.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

This reads like it should be a Review for CP instead of a Thread.

8. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 17:35
Concord, North...
Level Contributor
909 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

Gotta say, of all the places we have stayed over the years, I consider the Palace tops. I hate to hear things like this and I am certain Management will take note.

10. Re: Cozumel Palace-kinda disaster

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 19:35