We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

As this is a new tour, TA doesn't have an entry for it yet. I have requested to start one but, in the meantime, I wanted you all to know about this great new option for getting on the water. This is how my review will read.

Review, Deluxe Private Boat Tours (www.rentaboatcozumel.com) – you design your dream trip (

My husband and I have been dying to do a boat tour for ages but none of the ones I could find were really what we were looking for – small group, no loud music. There is nothing wrong with the party boats if you like that kind of thing but we don’t when we are on holiday, and just want to relax, enjoy some peace and quiet away from the frantic pace of New York and explore parts of the island we never get to see from the water or even from land, actually.

By chance, I spotted a very low-key advert for a private boat with captain, up to seven passengers, and an itinerary and ambiance determined by the guests. Sounded just the ticket.

It is a brand new tour operation so there were no other reviews to judge by but it seemed perfect for the two of us. We decided to give it a try, particularly since the owner, Adrian Kaye, had been really responsive by email and answered all my questions promptly and with a sense of humour. He was very professional and more than happy to adapt the trip to everything we wanted to do and see. The price is per hour, so it is really affordable, especially if there are a few people who want to go out together. It was fantastic value for money, even though there were just the two of us.

Adrian turned out to be all we had hoped for – loads of fun, in love with Cozumel and its nature and way of life, respectful of its environment, even picking up garbage he finds washed up on the beaches and in the lagoons, and just generally a great person to spend a few hours with and a consummate professional. He is very laid-back and good at just letting you do your own thing and giving you your privacy when you want it. At no time did he try to hurry us along or put any pressure on us to get back for a certain time.

His boat is beautiful, well looked-after and really comfortable. There are loads of compartments to put all your stuff in to keep safe and dry, and he has plenty of toys to play with, such as a wakeboard, snorkel gear and so on. He brought us organic apple juice and fresh fruit to snack on. He will supply beer and ceviche too, if that is what you like. As I said, he is very flexible and kept saying that it was our day and he would do what we wanted and go where we wanted. You can bring your iPod and have whatever music you like through the excellent sound system, there is shade if you want it - and you call the shots. If you want a party atmosphere, you can have it; if you want mum, dad, granny and grandad and the kids to all have time together, you can have it; if you want a romantic cruise, you can have it. Just tell Adrian what you are looking for and he will do his best to make sure you have the time of your life. What more could you ask for?

We drove, or should I say sailed, at a really leisurely pace the entire trip up the north coast, past the shipwreck, past Passion Island and the pearl farm and along by the lagoons. The dive boats mostly go south so we had never had a chance to experience that area and our curiosity was killing us. The weather wasn’t great and it was quite overcast so we didn’t get to enjoy the wonderful blues and greens of the water around there but it was still just spectacular. We snorkelled a bit, relaxed on the beach, walked on the sand and enjoyed seeing a stunning part of the island.

We were out about five hours but it felt like five minutes. We will definitely go out with Adrian again and again and again.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,841 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Thanks for the post and information. Cozumel needs something like this.

We are doing a custom SUP/snorkel/kite board and Punta Molas with DeLille Sports next week.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Thanks for the review and link. We have been looking for something like this for a long time as well. From the pictures the boat looks a little small for 7, would you agree?

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Zman, it is probably bigger than you think. Seven would be seated ok but probably would have to be careful walking about. I think Adrian said the boat was 21 foot. There was two of us, plus him, and there was just tons of room.

I agree, this is just the kind of thing we have been looking for for ages. It was a fantastic day. I did tell Adrian that he better hadn't forget us when he gets well-known and busy!!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to pm me.

fort worth
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Great prices even if I wanted to do something just for the 2 of us?

Is this the Adrian we have met several times? Casa Denis family? I would not hesitate to use a business of his.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

No. His name is Adrian Kaye.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,697 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Looks very nice. But I wouldn't want more than 2 to 4 on a boat that small. Thanks for posting.

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Is the price per person or per trip ?

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

It is by the hour, regardless of how many people.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

This looks like an interesting option for snorkeling/sightseeing!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great new boat trip - Deluxe private boat tours - review

Thanks for the info! This looks like the perfect anniversary trip for two.

Just wondering about a 21 foot boat in that big ocean.