We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February 2014 - never too early!

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
February 2014 - never too early!

We'll be staying in Cozumel February 15th to 22nd. We have visited twice via a cruise - and fell in love with the island! We opted to stay at Villa Escondida B&B instead of an all-inclusive. We can't wait to get away from snowy Montreal for a week of sunshine!

Who's joining us!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

We will also be in Cozumel that week and also can't wait to get away from the miserable cold MN winter. This will be our 6th trip; we will be staying once again at the Casa del Mar. Let the planning begin!! I would recommend getting a mapchick map of Cozumel.

Edited: 16 September 2013, 14:04
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

Great! We can't wait either :) Winter in Montreal is long and cold too!

I ordered and received my Map Chick maps a couple of weeks ago. They are very informative, and well worth the $10.00.

I've done a lot of research, but have no concrete plans as of yet. Would like to do the Cozumel Bar Hop - I love the east side of the island, and the tour looks like a lot of fun. We're open the rest of the time. We are not renting a car, so we're walking, or taking taxis, if need be. I'm not sure I want to plan every day out - we want to relax and enjoy without a schedule everyday.

Looking forward to hearing from more folks!

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

Hi! We will be there from Feb. 10-20 with another couple. We are also from Minnesota. Brrr!

Another couple will be coming with us. We are staying at El Cantil. Can't wait. We are also interested in the bar hop. We should do a Meet and Greet. We did one last May and had a great time.

I love Map Chick maps also! I have several.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

I think a meet & greet would be fun! How about we all do the Bar Hop together?

How about February 17th? Only 2 cruise ships in port that day. Everyone is welcome!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

I would love to do a meet and greet but, probably not the Bar Hop...my boyfriend has been sober for 31 years although, we could test out his commitment to sobriety....LOL

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

I completely understand :) OK, let's figure something else out - any recommendations? I've only been to Cozumel twice by cruise ship, so I am far from knowing the island well. Lunch or dinner would be just as fun :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

I had emailed Dan at Tucan Sailing Adventure - looks awesome! Cost is $90 per person, and lasts 6 hours or so. We're hoping to be able to do this, but we'll need at least 12 other folks to come along with us :) Here's their website so you can have a look: http://www.cozumelsailing.com/

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

One option would be to hire a driver to go to the other side of the island. If you haven't been to the other side, it's a must-see!

We would definitely be up for a sailing adventure of some sort. Tucan sounds great. Maybe we can round up some more people before February. We really want to go to El Cielo and Tucan would probably take us there.

Our TA meet and greet was at Wet Wendy's back in May. The owners are wonderful! Not to mention the huge margaritas and unique flavors (chocolate peanut butter is my fave). (Chad, the owner, is from Minnesota).

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

Wet Wendy's is on our list of places to visit! I would love to do the Tucan sailing tour if we can get enough people to sign up :)

To help everyone plan, here's a site you can see how many cruise ships are docked in Cozumel on a given day: …cruisett.com/schedule/…

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: February 2014 - never too early!

The Tucan sails north. Cielo is south. Possibly Dan could custom malke your day but Tucan does not visit El Cielo.