We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Falkland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Seriously looking at booking Casa Tropicale. Booking thru Cozumel Rocks. Are they a reputable company? Feedback greatly appreciated

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Is this the Casa Tropicale on the north end of el Centro on 14 Nte? If so, I've stayed there twice when our favorite house was unavailable. We actually bought that favorite house to ensure it was always available to us! Both were rented from the same management company (which has since closed) around the same time. We knew that company was very picky about what properties they rented, and when we couldn't get Casa Suzana we went with Casa Tropicale as it was then a "sister property". Casa Tropicale is a nice house with very large rooms, unusual-for-Cozumel central A/C, uncommonly high ceilings, and a 3rd-storey palapa with hammocks. It's got a locked dive gear storage and rinse area, and a covered carport. We enjoyed it and had no problems with it other than the kids from the nearby school liking to ring the doorbell (which rarely happened when I was there, but my parents often were).

I don't know Cozumel Rocks, and we checked out a LOT of management companies when we bought because the management company that had worked with our house from the start was closing. I checked Cozumel Rock's website and don't see Casa Tropicale on it (there could certainly be more than one house with that name, but I don't see any there). They are listed as the "owner" on flipkey, which likely means they are the actual current property manager. The fact that I have not previously run across them or checked them out means nothing beyond what I've said. It might also help if you were to post links.

Most rental houses can be found on multiple rental listing sites. They will only have one on-island manager, though, no matter where you rent. All the other places just act as travel agent and get a commission. Unless you have a particular reason to go with a specific rental agent, I think it's best to go directly with the owner or their on-island manager. This costs you nothing and saves the owner nothing on fees, but it's more direct with fewer people involved and less chance for miscommunication.

There is a thread about the house at www.cozumelmycozumel.com/dc/index.php… that includes a review by me. Just keep in mind it's the former, long-established management company at that time.

Ron & Sherrie White are rental agents for the house and have their own pictures at http://www.cozumelvillas.com/tropicale.html

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Mark, Is this the house? This one is for sale on Cozumel Living.

http://www.cozumelliving.com/CASATROPICAL.htm

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

No, though I did look at that house. Casa Tropicale (as I understand it) is this place: http://www.cozumelvillas.com/tropicale.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

We have stayed at Casa Tropicale as well and as Mark said it is a large nice house. We almost booked it for carnival again next year but opted for ocean front instead. Do you have specific questions on the house?

There is also a condo in el Cantil with the same name which we also have looked at, is that maybe the place you are looking at.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Yes it's a reputable company. No problem!!

Falkland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Casa Tropicale: Yes, you have the correct house I am confused as I am dealing with Kelly from Cozumel Rocks but see that Ron and Sherri White are the rental agents for the house. As this is our first time renting a property, I am a little anxious that everything is above board. Before I send thousands of dollars for the rental, I would like to be confident that I am sending it to a reputable and actual business. Thanks so much for your input

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

I know Kelly and she is definitely reputable, so no worries. Looks like a beautiful place!

Falkland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Thanks so much..have put my mind at ease!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

Good and you picked a great house. Enjoy!

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Tropicale Cozumel

dayeah, our house is listed with multiple rental agents but managed by a single on-island company. That's pretty typical, and you shouldn't be surprised to see a property listed at multiple sites. This is just like seeing a hotel or airline at dozens of different travel agents.