We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft Beer in Cozumel?

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Craft Beer in Cozumel?

OK bit of a funny question I admit.

I am travelling from the UK and I know Cozumel caters mainly to US tourists.

I love US craft beer I was hoping that we might see some over the border in Mexico.

Any recommendations on Cozumel bars that sell something other than the standard fayre?

(same question for Playa del Carmen if anyone knows)

Thanks!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Craft Beer in Cozumel?

You may want to try the Liquor stores. I don't think you will find many "garage" brews anywhere on the island. A buddy of mine makes an awesome IPA but he makes it in his garage. LOL

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Craft Beer in Cozumel?

I hope you'll enjoy some of the Mexican beers. Do you like dark beer? We like Bohemia & Modelo dark. Regular beer we like Tecate, Dos XX & Modelo. I've never heard of any craft beer on Cozumel. Check beeradvocate.com

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Craft Beer in Cozumel?

I really doubt you're going to find anything. We even have trouble finding Bohemia, which is not a craft beer.

It's possible that La Europea might have something but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Craft Beer in Cozumel?

I have seen Cucapá Beer at Soriana, and there is also another Brand that I saw today but I cant remember the name. It was marked at 6.5% alcohol and 19-21 pesos each. For a real Bold Taste for the meantime until Mexico catches up to the Craft beer world, I would Choose Bohemia Wizen. Its just like the Regular Bohemia bottle, except with Blue trim. At 5.7%, it tastes real good. Its a limited production beer and I hope they keep brewing it. I have seen it at Oxxo, and at Sams.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Craft Beer in Cozumel?

gst1 "(same question for Playa del Carmen if anyone knows)"

World Beer - Playa del Carmen

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g150812-d24…

Mexico has some great beers imo...ones that I really like (and frogslegs said the dark-darker beers yum!) are Indio, depending on when you're going Noche Buena, Leon...http://beeradvocate.com/lists/mx

6. Re: Craft Beer in Cozumel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:19