We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend us a hotel

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend us a hotel

Early February.

Not All Inclusive.

Not a resort complex.

Within a mile of main town walkable.

Maybe couple of bars nearby.

Must have a balcony.

Any price range.

Easy access to dive operators in the mornings.

Thanks folks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend us a hotel

Suites Bahia

Casa Mexicana

Vista Del Mar

Flamingo (not all rooms have balconies)

Suites Colonial

Blue Angel (? might be a bit far from town, other bars. La Hach is nearby tho)

Hotel Villablanca (again, might be too far from the centro)

Edited: 19 September 2013, 17:47
Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend us a hotel

I enjoyed Casa Mexicana . Easy walk everywhere, great breakfast buffet included, and probably one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in Coz.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 18:24
Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend us a hotel

Ahh the old standby... The Cuda!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend us a hotel

If cost is not a factor i would stay at the El cantil condos.

They have a pier for pickups

www.elcantilcondos.com

a Little further north are guidos suites

guidosboutiquehotel.com

Make sure to confirm your dive op picks up dontown not all do. Many depart from the Caletta about a $10 cab ride south of town.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 18:57
Mountain Home...
Level Contributor
264 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend us a hotel

Coral Princes we stayed there last february and walked to town everyday.Great place and great staff. Here are video and pics of the resort and the one bedroom with kitchen. I got a good deal on orbitz. Check it out

www.youtube.com/user/BUZZARDROOST5015/videos…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend us a hotel

Agree with Mellow....Coral Princess ticks all your boxes. Beautiful ocean-front views from balconies. The on-sight dive operation is highly rated, too.

Pepe Scuba:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend us a hotel

Stayed at Coral Princess many times, I could not imagine walking to town everyday, especially after diving. I am in shape, but I guess not that good of shape ;), but it is a nice hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend us a hotel

I thought the same about Coral Princess tejas01, not a short walk. Also there are no bars right near there as requested. Any of the places listed as in town would work, Casa Mexicana ( Stayed here a few times very nice room and breakfast), Vista del Mar ( stayed here a 3 times no frill, clean large room), Suites Bahia (least favorite of these 3) all have balconies but are across the street from the ocean . None of the in town hotels I mentioned have their own pier, but if you pick an op that picks up downtown then it is only a 2-3 block walk for any of these 3. And then just outside of town and maybe a stretch for being walkable is Blue Angel, which caters to divers as is very comfortable.

I like Stevens Idea about el Cantil, I am staying there next month and it is hard to beat the location right in town, and it does have its own pier for dive boats to pick you up. The view from the balconies are also very nice here.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 21:30
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,301 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend us a hotel

Some good recommendations but also wouldn´t say Coral Princess is within walking distance of town. But many good choices mentioned here. My first choice would be Casa Mexicana. Located near many restaurants and bars with a really great breakfast included. The El Cantil suggestion is also a great idea.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend us a hotel

O.K. by me. The Coral Princess is exactly 1.5 miles into the center of town. Not technically within the "mile" the OP stated, but still quite easy for a stroll. We walk it just for exercise without problem, so I guess it depends on your physical condition. We walk 3 miles a day to stay in shape for the diving. A taxi from the CP was only 60 pesos last winter.

The CP does have a nice indoor bar, outdoor bar and a swim up bar and the Hotel B (next door has a nice bar) both places have music during Happy Hours in February. Its also an easy walk further North to the other hotels along that stretch. I like how quiet the ocean front rooms are at the CP. All you hear are the waves. We sleep with the balcony doors open must nights. Killer views.

Whatever makes you happy, GST1. Enjoy!