We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

We are thinking about booking a trip to Secrets Cozumel in November but I am concerned about some of the negative reviews. I feel like this property isn't really living up the the Secrets brand that I am going to be paying for. If i wanted mediocre I could pay $800.00 less to another resort and have the same experience from what I am reading. Can anyone give me any advice or dispel the negative reviews? We want good food, good drinks, and a nice beach (I understand the beaches in cozumel are hard to nagivate but we like to snorkel).

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

Good to do your homework, TA is great for research.

I sent you a message, top right of screen(since you appear to be new here, figured Id direct you to the message thingey).

Sunray, Texas
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

I will share some of our experience from our stay in July. We had a good time with one exception and that was the amount of mosquitoes in our room. However, they had had a tremendous amount of rain at that time and the staff really tried to take care of the problem. Our food was good to very good. Service was hit and miss but, most of the time it was timely and friendly. The staff seemed happy for the most part. Remember that you can also use the facilities and dining next door at Sabor. The beach is nice but entry to the water can be tricky. There is a ladder on the pier that you can use.

We probably will never stay there again but, that really has nothing to do with Secrets but, more to do with the location as we really enjoy staying close to town for the dining and fun.

If you go, I hope you have a wonderful time.

okc
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

I love Cozumel but just from reading on here the resorts in Cozumel to me are not like the big super mega resorts like I see pictures of on mainland. If I am wrong i'm sure people will disagree, but to me resorts in Cozumel are different than other places. My opinion is stay in town save the $800 bucks and enjoy. I don't spend much time at my resort,. I stay at hotel Cozumel.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

I think you are perfectly right okdiverokc. Alot of people who are wanting a luxury resort are disappointed in their choices on Cozumel. "5 star" on the island are not what they "are used" to. We usually stay just south of town and save the $800. too. Have done Hotel Cozumel, Blue Angel, Villa Blanca and Casa Del Mar.

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

I agree the five star hotels in Coz are not comparable to the ones on the mainland or in other destinations. So it is hard for me to justify paying the extra money for a not so 5 star experience. So that is why I am staying at Hotel Coz in December.

6. Re: Concerns about Secrets Cozumel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19