We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
482 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Hola --

Planning our upcoming vakay and wanted to know if there was somewhere to go out to eat for dinner that didn't require a drive into town. We'll head in a few nights but thought it might be nice to eat nearby our villa rental (near the Reef Residencias on SF Beach). Any recommendations would be appreciated. Many thanks.

dp

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Alberto's beach bar is a little south of you, but much closer than town.

The food is very good, service is excellent ,and some evenings they have live music.

Its great eating under the stars with your toes in the sand. Open until around 10 pm I think.

Also spotless banos!

Boston
Level Contributor
482 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Yes, of course, Alberto's! Perfect. Any others? Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Money bar

North Carolina
Level Contributor
552 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Money Bar is a good place to eat, drink and enjoy a band but it's not walking distance from Residents Reef.

Cheers!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Try this place called Gusto's. It's south across from the zipline place. They close at 8 p.m...or did last time we were there.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 18:22
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Mwahahaha! It's 7 kms from Money Bar to RR and it IS walkable...if you can't find a cab. BTDT. Actually, the OP didn't specify walking distance, just not all the way in to town.

You can have dinner at Mr. Sancho's, if you don't mind an early dinner; they close at sunset. Money Bar I found expensive, but if you go on (it used to be) Thursday nights, Abraham would play romantic music. If you go this route, I'd advise you to get the bar to call a cab for you (if you're cabbing it) if you don't see any out front--we blithely started walking thinking we'd wave the first one down, but the only traffic we eventually saw was the south end AI employees going home!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

The Presidente has a restaurant too. You might want to consider that...

Boston
Level Contributor
482 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

We've got a car so no worries on that guys. Was just trying to avoid hitting town EVERY night. We'll most likely cook a few of our own dinners, but when we don't, Alberto's and Mr. Sancho's (actually walkable for us) are just what I was thinking. We'll get to Sancho's early and Alberto's at a bit more of a leisurely pace. And I like the idea of Money Bar for dinner. We've always just done it during the day as I tend to forget they have dinner and live music. And, we'll check out the Presidente. Thanks gang!

Edited: 10 October 2013, 20:53
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

Expect to pay top dollar at El Presidente...extremely expensive. MB has 2 for 1 drinks from 5 to 7pm and so does Blue Angel from 4 to 6:30...we love the view, food, prices and music at BA. Since you have a car you can always check out La Hach or Paprika too. There are quite a few places to eat without going into town.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
552 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach bars/restaurants south of town open for dinner

'Mwahahaha! It's 7 kms from Money Bar to RR and it IS walkable". It's walkable if you have to but who would want to for dinner? I run 6 miles a day but don't want to walk 4 1/4 miles each way to dinner.

Cheers!