We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Complaints

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Complaints

You might enjoy this article listing travel complaints taken from various surveys , including ones by Thomas Cook:

…news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/of-the-mos…

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Complaints

OMG I think I've meet as some of these people...lol

Mary Jane

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,516 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Complaints

Lol. That's been going around since I worked in travel, quite a few years ago. Plenty more like those get submitted to the tour operators Customer Relations department, and people wonder why it takes so long to get replies to complaints. It's because of all the stupid ones!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Complaints

Something similar has been going around since I worked for the airlines. But the first time I have seen this current list. The complaints are amazing. And sad some would even make the comment or make the comments.

Vandalia, Ohio
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Complaints

my current favorite is-

"We were on the Bob Marley tour from Negril and I was asked if I wanted to buy marijuana".

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Complaints

My favorite:

16. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

That poooooor fella ! :)

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Complaints

I am just sitting here at my desk laughing my lunch hour away. Thank you for the comic relief.

"My fiance and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.", my personal favorite.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Complaints

LOL!!!!! priceless

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Complaints

"I just don't understand why they didn't tell me the ocean is really salty when I booked!"

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Complaints

Those pesky topless sunbathers interrupting my poor husbands R&R - I so can't wait to show this one to my husband..... sure he is going to want to go there to be "bothered" LOL

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Complaints

Many years ago, I actually had a client who gave me that "the darned place was full of Mexicans" upon returning from a week in Cancun. He thought "at least the American owned hotels would employ Americans". I asked if he thought our local Toyota dealership should only employ Japanese?

I also had clients want their money refunded because it rained during their Florida vacation. I told them that if I had the power to control weather, I sure as heck wouldn't be sitting there selling airline tickets to them.

Sadly, there are way too many people like this.

Edited: 23 October 2013, 22:19