We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Ferry Schedule

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Current Ferry Schedule

Hi, I know this changes, but hoping to get some help from a recent visitor or Expert! I am coming with a group of 21 ppl Nov 16-23 and the day of the 19th we are headed to the mainland for a tour. Will there be an 8am Ferry TO PDC??

Also, we have room for a few ppl if anyone is at the Melia that week and wants to meet up, we are doing Coba, Gran Cenote, then either Tulum or Akumal. Pay as you go type of tour :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,195 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

No, the ferry to Playa closest to your time would be 7AM or 9AM. No 8AM ferry.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

Booo, bad new LOL oh well, guess we have to move our tour to 10am LOL

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,195 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

You can always get an early start at 7 !

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

Only buy one way ferry tickets.

In the past I have seen a schedule change sometime in the late fall/winter. It is possible that ferries are added but my recollection is vague on that. Check this website tomorrow to see if there is a change that helps before you change your tour time.

www.mexicowaterjets.com/eng/servicios.php…

It would work in your favor to go earlier.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

A 1000 AM tour starting in Playa del Carmen may be too short on time for your planned activities. Or it could short change your time somewhere.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

haha a 7am start for my group is NOT going to happen LOL as long as we get to Coba and Gran Cenote, anything else is a bunus LOL I have been trying to check the online ferry schedules, but not having much luck getting a firm yes or no.

Thanks all!! Two weeks and counting, been awhile since I've been to the Island and all my fellow travellers are newbies, so should be fun!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

I agree with co pillot. You really need to try and get on the 7:00 ferry or you may not have much time for Coba and Gran Cenote. A tour starting in Playa at 10:00 will get you to Coba at 11:30. Need about 2 hours there and maybe one hour at Gran Cenote. Hour for lunch somewhere. Very rushed especially with large group. How about get your butts out of bed. LOL. No need to shower because you are going swimming. 7:00 ferry to Playa. 8:30 at Coba. Leave Coba at 10:30. Arrive Akumal at 11:30. Swim with turtles one hour. Lunch 12:30 at La Buena Vida. Ya Kul Lagoon in Akumal at 2:00. One hour swim. Leave about 3:30 and back to Playa about 4:00. Or leave Coba at 10:30 and stop at Gran Cenote 11:00 for one hour. Leave about 12:30. Get to La Buena Vida for lunch at 1:00 then go to Lagoon and Turtles at 2:00. I haven't actually stopped at Gran Cenote but we never miss Akumal. It's on the top of our list. Depends on your preference. Just a suggestion from a non destination expert.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

bigred your timeline is why I suggested earlier. It is even worse.

Taking the 700 AM ferry puts them at Coba closer to 945 AM. So add at least an hour to all your times.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

AND, don't forget that daylight savings time happened last weekend so it'll be getting dark earlier............another vote for the 7am ferry. If you are going to go that far, may as well do it right! (imho).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current Ferry Schedule

Oh I screwed that up. 7:00 ferry will get you to Coba around 9:30 not 8:30. Or 9:45 as co pilot stated. Thanks co pilot for pointing that out. Forgot ferry travel time.

Edited: 01 November 2013, 00:02